Guidance

It's difficult to say whether or not there are any in-person groups around you as you haven't mentioned your location. "maybe?" Depends on where you're at and how active the local chicken community is.

As for online, well, You've found it. BYC is a great resource of articles and people to do research and ask questions. You can start at the learning center, here:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/categories/learning-center.11/

The forums are great information sources from members who've been chicken tenders for a long time and have seen it all.

Welcome, and best of luck!

Last edited:
Hi, welcome to BYC. If you make a thread with your specific questions, people here will chime in with answers.
At the top of the page, you'll see :
Screenshot_20230207_124226_Chrome.jpg

That is where you'll find articles on everything under the sun.

Thinking about a backyard coup… BEGINNER!
Are there info groups (in person - preferred - or online) to chat with before I make all the beginner mistakes?
Welcome to BYC!! You can find info your looking for in the different pages, and ask anything that you’re wondering about!

Thinking about a backyard coup… BEGINNER!
Are there info groups (in person - preferred - or online) to chat with before I make all the beginner mistakes?
Right.
We live in Oregon. The willamette valley. Silly me!
Thanks for your response. I’m going thru the welcome package and already learning so that’s great.
We’ve watched videos, read articles and now we’re here. I’ll read posts and learn more… I guess the first step is to define the chicken’s area and get the coop. Yes?

Back
Top Bottom