guinea fowl have disappeared

angie33

Hatching
Mar 15, 2015
I have a set of 5 guinea fowl and for months I've been letting them free range my property and they have been coming home every night to the coop just this week they have roamed over to the neighbors house where they spent the night and then continued on the next day into the woods we have yet to find them I had read that if I kept them cooped up to learn their home they would come back to that general area every night anyone have any ideas where they may have wondered too.

As long as they are getting fed, they will usually stay within the general vicinity of your coop. If you stop feeding them, they will look for greener pastures. Also, if they can hear another nearby flock of guineas, they might try to join them. If they are getting harassed by dogs or other "predators," they might decide to move on as well.

The rule is coop them up for 21 days and let them out then they will come back every night but be weary of predators they havent adapted to north america climate or terrain and predators see them as a easy source of protein. Also if you breed them leave atleast 2 eggs or they wont lay anymore or atleast in that spot. But it differs in every guinea

Back
Top Bottom