Guinea gender

theguysrustybucket

In the Brooder
Apr 4, 2021
64E8B53A-79FF-4564-ADAA-C9253E3F6C9F.jpeg
Could someone help me guess the gender? It seems to be able to make more than just cheet cheet calls but I’m not sure. I don’t have another one to compare. ((I bought 4 from TSC 3/5/21, 2 died within 24 hours and then 1 got loose and caught by a dog.)) So this is my lone survivor that has 4 chicken besties. Thankfully it hangs super close to them so I don’t have to worry about it roaming off. It calls to them and wants to know where they are at all times lol. It is nosey but not friendly with me.

Attachments

• 14A0F891-287D-461B-986C-55E931313DFF.jpeg
    14A0F891-287D-461B-986C-55E931313DFF.jpeg
    852.4 KB · Views: 1
View attachment 2654221 Could someone help me guess the gender? It seems to be able to make more than just cheet cheet calls but I’m not sure. I don’t have another one to compare. ((I bought 4 from TSC 3/5/21, 2 died within 24 hours and then 1 got loose and caught by a dog.)) So this is my lone survivor that has 4 chicken besties. Thankfully it hangs super close to them so I don’t have to worry about it roaming off. It calls to them and wants to know where they are at all times lol. It is nosey but not friendly with me.
First, very sorry for your loss.
Second, most tractor supply's offer a replacement for your dead guinea/chic, in case you didn't know.
Third, if it makes a cheet cheet call it should be a male . You can't really tell by looks, only a little bit if you had other ones to compare it to..

View attachment 2654221 Could someone help me guess the gender? It seems to be able to make more than just cheet cheet calls but I’m not sure. I don’t have another one to compare. ((I bought 4 from TSC 3/5/21, 2 died within 24 hours and then 1 got loose and caught by a dog.)) So this is my lone survivor that has 4 chicken besties. Thankfully it hangs super close to them so I don’t have to worry about it roaming off. It calls to them and wants to know where they are at all times lol. It is nosey but not friendly with me.
Too young to tell and you cannot positively identify guinea sex from photographs.

Too young to tell and you cannot positively identify guinea sex from photographs.
They mentioned that the guinea makes the sound "cheet cheet", so I thought a boy.

But yes, please, if you can, post a video of it making the sound (upload to youtube then put the link here)

They mentioned that the guinea makes the sound "cheet cheet", so I thought a boy.

But yes, please, if you can, post a video of it making the sound (upload to youtube then put the link here)
Cheet, cheet is a juvenile guinea call that either sex makes.

Their are lots of guinea videos in this thread with lots of females making the buckwheat call.

Let' see and hear your guineas.

Back
Top Bottom