Guinea. Half-wild managing

dimka1980

Hatching
Feb 24, 2021
Hi folks,

I have a question for you. Maybe someone will have some ideas. Ok, here is what I want to do, I have a large ranch over 750 acres, and surrounded by hilltops, with some somewhat fields. I plan to add guineas as an enterprise, but here where it is going to get interesting, I want to let some of the flock into the wild around the ranch. I plan maybe to keep about 30-50% of the flock near the house, barn etc, and the others just roaming around and be there for hunting later maybe. I want to start managing ticks as well and think it might be a good way to do it. If that will work, later I want to add pheasant similar way.Any ideas?

Hi folks,

I have a question for you. Maybe someone will have some ideas. Ok, here is what I want to do, I have a large ranch over 750 acres, and surrounded by hilltops, with some somewhat fields. I plan to add guineas as an enterprise, but here where it is going to get interesting, I want to let some of the flock into the wild around the ranch. I plan maybe to keep about 30-50% of the flock near the house, barn etc, and the others just roaming around and be there for hunting later maybe. I want to start managing ticks as well and think it might be a good way to do it. If that will work, later I want to add pheasant similar way.Any ideas?
Better start with a lot of guineas because you are going to lose a lot of guineas.

Back
Top Bottom