Guinea hen being overly aggressive

Romeacresfarm1

Chirping
6 Years
Aug 19, 2013
Ok, I started out with 12 guineas but they kicked one male to the curb and I do not know where he went, lost 2 to the road when they were chased there by the alpha male leaving me 9. A few days later, 3 disappear then another one. My problem now is my chocolate hen is running my white male ragged. I have 2 other males left and a hen but they are non aggressors. Is he then the "odd" duck without a mate and is being shunned by the alpha hen?
Trying to understand their behaviors as I have more up and coming in the brooder and although I have a lot of property, I prefer they stick around within the high fences.
Thanks,
Romeacres

They don't seem to "fly" anywhere but they take off up the road, turn down the fence line and some come back through the back of the property but they lose a few along the way. They won't even fly over the fences, I usually have to go open the gates for them to come back to their roost LOL. Right now there are 5 adults left. I have several young ones so won't run short anytime soon. Just get to know them and miss them when they don't turn up...
Thanks for the reply.

Back
Top Bottom