Guinea hen gone broody

Well....they arent laying. But all thet have ever been fed is scratch for years. They are small... wild and don't look healthy. When the male did come out to" range", he went right over to their cage and tried to pick a fight... we are just going slow. For now, these new ladies are yapping a lot and the male is chain saw screaming..A LOT. i swear, those girls are acting a lot like guys.

LOL, chainsaw screaming. That drives me ab-so-lute-ly nutty !!! (as if it takes much these days, lol)
he.gif
. I have 4 or 5 2yr old males in one flock and 3 in another that do that NON-STOP when I am outside doing my 5X a day animal, egg collecting and gardening chores. I keep threatening them with a crockpot bath
somad.gif
... they just don't get it tho. I think these guys are the WORST males I have had in alI the yrs that I have kept Guineas, as far as noisy males go... not sure if I want to risk germinating that seed any further, if you catch my drift, lol. And... IME, a noisy Guinea tastes just as good, if not better...
droolin.gif

LOL, chainsaw screaming. That drives me ab-so-lute-ly nutty !!! (as if it takes much these days, lol)
he.gif
. I have 4 or 5 2yr old males in one flock and 3 in another that do that NON-STOP when I am outside doing my 5X a day animal, egg collecting and gardening chores. I keep threatening them with a crockpot bath
somad.gif
... they just don't get it tho. I think these guys are the WORST males I have had in alI the yrs that I have kept Guineas, as far as noisy males go... not sure if I want to risk germinating that seed any further, if you catch my drift, lol. And... IME, a noisy Guinea tastes just as good, if not better...
droolin.gif

yuckyuck.gif
Revenge does taste sweet.

Well, we dont need to worry about that anymore. The three "hens" all settled in fine so i let them out into the yard for an easy meet and great this morning. itwas carnage, a massive scale. Soooooooo. The 3 guineas posing as females, are in fact boys. Once in the yard, the chain sawing started and the gentle clucking ended. I think I heard someone scream SUCKER! The 3 rescues attacked my lone male/female pair and the females helmet is GONE. #@*+*#'s.
Once i got everyone separated, and the female in the hospital pen, I had to go find my male.... hiding behind the shed, calling for his woman.... the 3 jerks strutted and flew, and are out making noise. assuming i can catch them, they will be rehomed. Still need some females! real ones!!!
ep.gif
. POSERS!

Whoa really?!?!
ep.gif
Now we know exactly why your male tried picking a fight when you first got them.
Ugh, more carnage and drama. Your poor Hen! (and poor YOU).

The hen passed, the 3 new males flew off toward the lake, andmy lonely little male is depressed. I let the hens into his large enclosure and coop, but he is still bummed. They seem happy to have a new buddy, but he is straying on the margins in the yard. He did roost with them last night....

Back
Top Bottom