Guinea hens that were spray painted blue

Mistyz23

Hatching
Sep 18, 2019
Hey everyone,

First of all, I'm in Sacramento. :)

I had 2 Guinea hens show up in my yard for a week. I put out food and water and just watched them each day. One day, they came back SPRAY PAINTED blue!!! I was so upset for them. They have been living at my friends house for 3 weeks now and have started to make noise that she is worried will upset her neighbors. They are juvenile and we are not sure what sex they are.

Are you in a rural neighborhood? Would you like some oddly colored guineas?

Attachments

• 20190819_191541.jpg
    20190819_191541.jpg
    436.9 KB · Views: 55
Guineas are often prone to getting themselves into things of hazard- even when they weren't originally hazardous. Onetime, my hen found some fresh red paint. Scared me half to death when I saw the colored footprints, leading to the coop.
They've opened resister drawers, moved around washers, laid eggs on work benches and mower decks, got their head stuck in cyclone fencing... and have 9 lives. I truly love them though.

My guess is that your visiting keets were chased out of someone's yard in an unfriendly manner or the owner tagged them somehow. Their faces don't seem painted- just there back feathers. It could be anything. I hope you are able to rehome them- and if you aren't, I hope you are able to house them. Have you tried making a post on Craigslist? Or ask around for Guinea keepers that may range close by?

Best of luck and God bless. Will be hoping it works out for you.

Guineas are often prone to getting themselves into things of hazard- even when they weren't originally hazardous. Onetime, my hen found some fresh red paint. Scared me half to death when I saw the colored footprints, leading to the coop.
They've opened resister drawers, moved around washers, laid eggs on work benches and mower decks, got their head stuck in cyclone fencing... and have 9 lives. I truly love them though.

My guess is that your visiting keets were chased out of someone's yard in an unfriendly manner or the owner tagged them somehow. Their faces don't seem painted- just there back feathers. It could be anything. I hope you are able to rehome them- and if you aren't, I hope you are able to house them. Have you tried making a post on Craigslist? Or ask around for Guinea keepers that may range close by?

Best of luck and God bless. Will be hoping it works out for you.

I agree that I think they were retreating and got sprayed. At the same time, in the neighborhood I'm in, there are reports of a dog fighting ring and other painted bait animals. I want to think it is something innocent but it's that reason that I won't post them on CL. They search for free animals for bait on there.
BYC has proved to be a network of kind people who love their animals so I'm starting with you all. :) please share if you have friends in Sacramento!

I have been tempted to shoot roaming troublemaking dogs with a paint ball gun, but haven't, so far. That doesn't look like a paint ball blast, though. Strange.

You'll probably get in trouble for that though

Really, that depends on where you live and the status of your property. Some states/counties allow for protection of your livestock, even with deadly force. Where I live, if your property is a registered farm, or you live in a right to farm town, you can protect your livestock with deadly force. A paintball gun isn't deadly and a feasible alternative. Especially if its a roaming dog. They go home with a paintball blast, the owners can be thankful they aren't dead.

Back
Top Bottom