Guinea Hybrid.. Or just a weird looking chick?

Guinea x chicken? Or just a chicken.

• Guinea x chicken

Votes: 20 69.0%
  • Chicken

Votes: 9 31.0%

• Total voters
Pics

MillersFarm

Easily distracted by Chickens
5 Years
Jun 3, 2016
Lewiston NY
So.. I'm hatching out eggs right now and everyone is pretty much done hatching, It's day 27 and most of my eggs are already hatched out, I tossed all the bad ones, But 1 still looked good.. So I kept it. Early in the morning I saw a pip and it started zipping a few hours later, I just took it out to put it in with the others and noticed that this chick looked off.. It acts normal and seems healthy, Doesn't peep much though. I do have guineas that free range with my chickens but I've never seen any of my males with my chickens, But looking at this chick Is making me think it's part guinea :idunno I know people have hatched out these mixes before but i'm not really sure if I have one or not? Any thoughts?
IMG_0469.JPG

IMG_0475.JPG

IMG_0493.JPG

IMG_0480.JPG

IMG_0486.JPG

IMG_0494.JPG

IMG_0492.JPG

From what I read, It is rare to get a cross like that.

Are you sure you did not incubate a guinnea egg?
I did incubate guineas as well but he's for sure not a guinea.. He's got a beard as well and I dont think guineas have beards? Here are some pics of the guineas I hatched out
IMG_0497.JPG
IMG_0500.JPG
IMG_0499.JPG

The beak appears to be shorter is all.
You think? It's feet and legs really throw me off, and the shape of his head looks a bit funny to me as well :confused:
Her patterning looks a lot like Miracle, the hybrid from a few years ago.
Miracle? Do you have any pics of her..?

He does have a tiny little pea comb, Can guinea hybrids have combs?

Back
Top Bottom