guinea keets two weeks old

lindakobs

Chirping
6 Years
Jun 15, 2016
HElp! The weatherman is predicting a low of 9 degrees tomorrow night. I have 7 adult guineas. One is a hen with 11 keets that are just two weeks old tomorrow. I can close the door on my coop. I am wondering if I should put a heat lamp on the ceiling in my coop? The hen has been keeping the keets under her for warmth. It was only 34 degrees today. Unseasonably cold. I just don't know how to help or protect my little ones. Anyone with experience in this area?

HElp! The weatherman is predicting a low of 9 degrees tomorrow night. I have 7 adult guineas. One is a hen with 11 keets that are just two weeks old tomorrow. I can close the door on my coop. I am wondering if I should put a heat lamp on the ceiling in my coop? The hen has been keeping the keets under her for warmth. It was only 34 degrees today. Unseasonably cold. I just don't know how to help or protect my little ones. Anyone with experience in this area?
I've got a heat lamp/bulb in my coop midway down, just above some small roosts, my young orphaned chicks roost there.
20191013_184521.jpg
20191004_200409.jpg

I bought a couple cozy coops from Amazon. If a heat lamp is the safest heat source you have I would use it. But buy or order something safer ASAP.
I bought some of the ceramic heat "bulbs" from Amazon that screw into a light fixture, they work well for keeping the chill off without being HOT, and don't put out light.

I've got a heat lamp/bulb in my coop midway down, just above some small roosts, my young orphaned chicks roost there.View attachment 1946502 View attachment 1946503
I bought some of the ceramic heat "bulbs" from Amazon that screw into a light fixture, they work well for keeping the chill off without being HOT, and don't put out light.
So many say heat lamps might cause fire. How do you prevent that? Is it a wattage on the bulb?

Back
Top Bottom