Guinea nests

20150602_143121-1.jpg
And this lulu,she's 7month old and will lay eggs on the following year when she's about a year old. African guineafowl don't lay early as those breeds you have. Most of our hens begin laying when they reach 1 and half year or even 2years.

IMAGE_002.jpg and this is lure,about 3years old. He one of the male guinea that never got an interest in females. He always hang with chickens and ducks and roost in the coop at night unlike others roosting in trees. Or just alone. Spending time calling,making lot of noisy. He likes chasing young roosters and peck their tails.
One of his best friend is Due.the oldest Muscovy hen that has reached monopause (no longer laying eggs,because of old age) but then the flock is all happy

Best wishes

Screenshot_2017-07-16-19-33-06-1.png Screenshot_2017-07-16-19-32-30.png Screenshot_2017-07-16-19-31-43-1.png

Ohk I know its still early here for guineas to start laying. Its been days since I've noticed that.merry is always gone in the mornings and come back later. Friday I decided to follow her into the forest. And there she was sitting on an open nest. I am a bit afraid to lose her but due to DAT predators around here are rare to take sizes of guineafowl. But I'm sooo wondered why she played so early this year. She's the oldest close to 7 years and has raised a number of babies. Well I hope shell be ok

Screenshot_2017-07-16-19-29-39.png the big male on the right.called bully, he's the oldest and a mean guineacock.he's very bully to chickens other guineas,ducks and peahens. I feed them in the park so they can stop chickens to feed themselves. And his mate on the left is also a bully to other guineahens and chickens. It so much fun to watch them chasing each other around.

Best wish

Beautiful birds. I have not found mine to be monogamous. I have had some males take on 3 or more females, leaving the others without a mate and causing problems with aggression. You are fortunate that they seem to share.

View attachment 1078551 View attachment 1078553 View attachment 1078552

Ohk I know its still early here for guineas to start laying. Its been days since I've noticed that.merry is always gone in the mornings and come back later. Friday I decided to follow her into the forest. And there she was sitting on an open nest. I am a bit afraid to lose her but due to DAT predators around here are rare to take sizes of guineafowl. But I'm sooo wondered why she played so early this year. She's the oldest close to 7 years and has raised a number of babies. Well I hope shell be ok

Are you able to put something around her to keep her safe like a dog run?

View attachment 1078557the big male on the right.called bully, he's the oldest and a mean guineacock.he's very bully to chickens other guineas,ducks and peahens. I feed them in the park so they can stop chickens to feed themselves. And his mate on the left is also a bully to other guineahens and chickens. It so much fun to watch them chasing each other around.

Best wish

Oh there's always at least one bully in the flock! Does he try to take the females too? I have some males who are sweet as pie, but when it comes to their millet treats, they'll chase all the other birds away to make sure they get more!

Are you able to put something around her to keep her safe like a dog run?
I haven't put anything. Her nest is just too open for crows to still eggs. I added few small twigs on top to hide it. Well I let the nature be it. This little Forrest is their nesting ground and most of the hens success their incubation with ought being. But rain becomes a problem

Back
Top Bottom