Guinea Questions

My big concern would also be their roaming. We do have neighbors on both sides of our house, as well as accross the street. Someone up the road from me had some but I haven't seen them in awhile. I asked their neighbor accross the street about them and he said they had to get rid of them becuause their other neighbor complained. I mostly was interested in them for eating ticks. They've been terriable around my neck of the woods this year. I found one on my head the other day!!! YUK
sickbyc.gif

Guineas are fantastic for all bug control, so there are absolute positives in having them. I have four right now, three hens (two of which are broody right now) and one male. I have to admit, they are loud.

My little flock never really offended any neighbors until my first male was caught up by a coyote. The replacement male is a bit of a booger and if I let them free range they wind up in everyone's yard but their own and eat everyone's grass and dust bathe in their gardens.

So yes, there are negatives, but they are great birds. In fact, I must love them because I have 7 two day old keets and as I mentioned, my hens are brooding right now and in a few weeks, who knows how many I'll have.

Back
Top Bottom