Guineas from ideal

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by J3172, Aug 25, 2010.

1. J3172

J3172 Songster

Feb 6, 2010
    Michigan
    I ordered pearl guineas from ideal and now the babies are several months old. They have huge legs and were bigger then the whites and lavanders I had in with them when they were young. Do you think they would of sent me french instead, as I want keets next year I hope they aren't. Has anyone else had this problem before?

2. cracking up

cracking up Songster

Jul 29, 2009
    So Cal
    Maybe they're jumbos. I think jumbos can mate naturally. Some people say their pearls are bigger than whites. My whites were kind of wimpy.

3. J3172

J3172 Songster

Feb 6, 2010
    Michigan
    mine too

4. featherz

featherz Veggie Chick

Mar 22, 2010
    Saratoga County, NY
    My whites are much smaller and scruffier than my pearls and lavenders. I hatched the pearls and lavenders, so I just figured the hatchery sent me less robust birds, but now that I think of it, all the whites I tried to hatch died in shell and all the pearls and lavenders hatched (same incubator). Maybe whites are just a little more frail?

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Pearls are always larger than the other colors. I had 3 lavs and 1 pearl from Ideal and the pearl was humongous.

6. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    I haven't had white before, but my Pearls and Pied guin-guins are a pretty good size!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by