Guineas knocked unconcious

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by Okie Amazon, May 26, 2011.

1. Okie Amazon

Okie Amazon Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    Midwest City
    Yet another example of guineas being of the stupidest creatures God created. We knew we were going to have big storms Tuesday. The Gov. even sent all us state employees home at 3pm. because the storms were due to come through about 5. I went home and started battening down the hatches on everybody - goats, calves, chickens and guineas. I managed to get all but three guineas caught up and put in a safe place, but those 3 would NOT be caught. Well, here comes the weather! I was watching out the back door when I saw the 3 of them blown across the back yard, then the hail started. One had enough brains to waddle over to a spool that the goats play on to take cover, but the other two just stood there and BAM! Next thing you know they are both just lying there! I grabbed my umbrella and ran out and brought them in. After a couple of minutes, they came to, screeching like banshees! Stupid, stupid birds. But they are entertaining! [​IMG]

2. Nimby Chickens

Nimby Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2010
    Central FL
    Oh my god, the mental image of guineas tumbling across your yard made me pee a little!

3. Buugette

Buugette [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Cra

May 26, 2009
    Bucks County, PA
    Quote:x 2... on my way to the bathroom now!

4. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Oh thank God they are ok. Scared me to death.

5. birdbrain5

birdbrain5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2010
    [​IMG] do you just want to go [​IMG]

they are so much fun.

6. Balefire

Balefire Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Orwigsburg PA
    [​IMG]

7. PeepsCA

PeepsCA Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2011
    Big Oak Valley, CA
    LOL I can't imagine that cuz I don't get weather like that here, but how funny! They are lucky they didn't LOSE their heads instead of just being KO'd lol. As thick as their heads are at times there's not much scull up there to protect that peabrain of theirs [​IMG]

8. froggie71

froggie71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    Shamong, NJ
    OMG I was laughing at the picture you painted, but am glad they are ok. BTW we actually have named our white guinea Banshee.

9. fledgling

fledgling Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Keystone Heights, FL
    We have an expression around here for stupid. It's "roof guinea". See, when one of our guineas is on the roof and the rest are on the ground, there is a barrage of screeching and carrying on until SOMEBODY finally remembers that God blessed them with wings and they can fly down to join their friends. DOH!

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by