Guineas screaming up a storm at midnight???

During the spring, our guineas went through a period where they kept waking up and making a lot of noise at night. I would go out and look but couldn’t find anything. A game camera showed the basic wildlife we have, including deer that likes to walk by there at night. I think that the guineas were just a bit freaked out by the season change and changes in our normal night time noises. After about a month they calmed back down and just occasionally alert at night. I also put a night light out for them, mostly in case another snake gets in the coop, but I think it might also help them feel more secure when they hear noise.

Mine screamed on and off last year at night. I can’t recall hearing them at all this year...
I know nothing can get in their coop, but assume they are hearing night time predators.
My kids woke me up in the middle of the night earlier this summer to a “scary” noise outside. Turned out to be an owl. Lol We’ve lived here since they were toddlers, but it was their first time hearing an owl.
Im sure the guineas might get upset hearing them or hearing the coyotes sound off. There have been a lot of them around this year.

Mine screamed on and off last year at night. I can’t recall hearing them at all this year...
I know nothing can get in their coop, but assume they are hearing night time predators.
My kids woke me up in the middle of the night earlier this summer to a “scary” noise outside. Turned out to be an owl. Lol We’ve lived here since they were toddlers, but it was their first time hearing an owl.
Im sure the guineas might get upset hearing them or hearing the coyotes sound off. There have been a lot of them around this year.
They crack us up when they go off at thunder. It kind of sounds like maniacal laughter.
The coyotes here, not always, but USUALLY stay out of sight until Fall, then start the bone chilling howls. I guess the goons know to be quiet as they did when the raccoons were around, Bc they don't nake a sound.

During the spring, our guineas went through a period where they kept waking up and making a lot of noise at night. I would go out and look but couldn’t find anything. A game camera showed the basic wildlife we have, including deer that likes to walk by there at night. I think that the guineas were just a bit freaked out by the season change and changes in our normal night time noises. After about a month they calmed back down and just occasionally alert at night. I also put a night light out for them, mostly in case another snake gets in the coop, but I think it might also help them feel more secure when they hear noise.
May I ask what kind of nightlight you use? Mine have just recently started going off (mainly the males) late at night or right before dawn. They've always been quiet until it was daylight before and I'm trying to figure out what to do. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom