Guineas Vs. Asian beetles

lau.gif
gig.gif

Quote:
It's actually a sign of another failed government policy. They aren't here by accident. The US government released thousands of them in different parts of the country

Paint your house and buildings a dark color. They are attracted to light colors. I went from from white and tens of thousands to brown and a couple hundred.

My turkeys were on top of my cars chasing the ladybugs who were flying about car top height. I can't remember if the guineas were involved in that or not.

How about Boxelder bugs? Do guineas eat them? Between Asian lady beetles and Boxelder bugs, I'm crawling out of my own skin. I'd bring in some of these unusual looking birds just to make a dent in the 6 legged population.

Neither my chickens or my guineas are interested in the Asian lady beetles (and heaven knows we have plenty).

...taking oldbear's paint suggestion under serious consideration for next time we paint...

oh...I don't know about the paint thing. My house and shed are both brown and were absolutely covered with those darn lady bugs for about 3 days this fall. They're not as bad now, but we still get quite a bit.

Guineas do eat ants, just not sure if the eat the red ones specifically.

Murano - What color is the roof? Supposedly where these things originally came from they winter in the cracks of cliff rocks that are light in color. Thus when the first frost hits they head for light colors looking for hiding places to bunch up and hibernate for the winter.

The house roof is black. The shed roof is dark grayish/black shingles. They also got in through the tiny crack under the shed door and covered the windows and both skylights! It was so disgusting. I had to leave the shed doors open after dark and place a bright light outside to draw them out.

they will eat the lady bugs and other ones
to especially when there free range because
when they get a tad bit hunger they will eat
them and it wont hurt then mine will eat
anything

Back
Top Bottom