Gun enthusiasts anything from Hunting to target shooters.

Pics

SOHC-FTW

Crossing the Road
5 Years
Apr 11, 2016
BFyougottapurddymouth
This is a thread for folks that either want to talk, show off, share information on does and donts, likes or dis like, whats new to you or in general, aftermarket modifications, diy mods, hand loads, glass/eye pieces, what you are using or whatever comes to your mind about guns, hunting or target practice!

Im sure weve got some hunters and paper shooters out there. Post picture of yalls setups for either or both!
20170725_223617.jpg

Heres my little 270 hunting rifle and 500 yard gun. It's got a few odds and ends best thing yet so far was reworking the trigger its at a comfortable 2lbs.

right now am in the processes of getting my fire arm licence up here in Canada, so i don't own any guns. how ever i can hunt with guns under supervision of some one who has there fire arm licence. these are the guns that i have used/ will be getting once i get my firearm licence. each has a different role that they are used for so i bit of explaining each gun if that is cool.

#1 Benelli super nova 12 GA pump action
this one is for bird hunting of any sort of waterfowl, i really like using it. it has very little kick i find (compared to the other shotgun i use) its really a fun gun to shoot, i have bagged two canada geese with it countless ducks (maybe around like 10 or so) and maybe 5 snow geese with it. its a great gun and i really like shooting 3 and half inch shells out of it.

#2 Marlin 795 .22LR semi-auto
this one is kinda interesting story behind it. both the other guns i saw in the store and looked at them, for the 795 i only saw videos on it and decided it looked like a nice gun, so got my grandpa to pick it up (and again will sell it to me once i get my Licence), and this gun serves a few different purposes to me. one where i live we can use a .22LR on upland game birds with the idea of shooting grouse and pheasants with it at a bit of range, plus rabbit hunting with it. then how ever i got into trapping and now plan on maybe using it as a trapping gun or getting a high powered air gun for trapping (you know dispatching coons).

#3 H and R pardner 20 GA single shot
this last one is for upland game hunting, rabbit hunting and i think i may try deer hunting with slugs this year with it, not much of a story with this one, its more just for fun.

I have a H&R pardner, maybe it's a topper, ? .410 knocked tons of stuff down yrs ago with it, squirrels, rabbits, grouse, (turkeys :oops:) knock a squirrel out of the tree at 50 yrds, little shell but you wouldn't want to be any closer or with the full choke it'd be peppered.
Have .10 gauge H&R also with a full choke turkey gun, surprised it doesn't kick, heavy barrel and a solid chunk of steel fits right in the hole in the stock.
I know many that have scored with one of them 12 or 20 gauge on deer, but I wouldn't recommend it. Foster slugs are made for smooth bore fit tight and spin good and I use them in my smooth bore pump slug guns. H&R/ New England firearms make some nice fully rifled heavy bull barreled rifle sight equipped ready for a scope barrels that saboted slugs are deadly. And screw in extensions for the thumb hammer, makes it much easier to cock.

This is a thread for folks that either want to talk, show off, share information on does and donts, likes or dis like, whats new to you or in general, aftermarket modifications, diy mods, hand loads, glass/eye pieces, what you are using or whatever comes to your mind about guns, hunting or target practice!

Im sure weve got some hunters and paper shooters out there. Post picture of yalls setups for either or both!View attachment 1097102
Heres my little 270 hunting rifle and 500 yard gun. It's got a few odds and ends best thing yet so far was reworking the trigger its at a comfortable 2lbs.
I like the scope. I'm thinking of getting a new rifle with a scope. Have had many different rifles and shotguns in the past but for now only a 410 and 22.

I like the scope. I'm thinking of getting a new rifle with a scope. Have had many different rifles and shotguns in the past but for now only a 410 and 22.
Nothing better than a scope. Pick right through trees and brush at a distance and drop a deer, can't do that with iron sites. I've actually went pretty primitive only hunt with bow or muzzle loader, best chance you have though is with a scope, love them and love my .308 with a scope.
I bought my oldest DD a savage bolt action .243 with a cheap azz scope 3-9 for $300 new. And it shoots lovely.

Back
Top Bottom