Gun legislation- anyone heard about this?

Quote:
Hey, that a good idea. If that's what they want, that's what I'll give them. If they come after my guns, I'll give them the ammo first!
wink.png

thumbsup.gif
I like the way you think Jody.
big_smile.png

Quote:
Hey, that a good idea. If that's what they want, that's what I'll give them. If they come after my guns, I'll give them the ammo first!
wink.png

ETA: for the sensitive people - I wouldn't really shoot anybody

lau.gif
gig.gif

I have WHAT in my yard? :

OK Let me get this straight

It is OK for them to tell you

at what age you can get a driver's license
what you have to do to earn it
what kind of training you MUST have to be allowed to get it
What kind of shape said vehicle will be in
the right to inspect or insist on inspecting that vehicle at a minimum of once a year
the right to govern how much insurance you carry on that vehicle
and then how you use it.
Physicals and reporting of medical conditions which can allow them to take it from you.

And no one complains

But the right to own guns should not be infringed at all? Granted cars DO kill more people than guns do. But, why is one acceptable and one not?

(I think that law is over the top and am certain it will never pass, but just thinking.....)

Thanks for doing a better job than I did of stating my point.

Now I shall
hide.gif
.​

Quote:
Yea its a bunch of fuey! But they clam that because it was state delegates that wrote it an they called there self "We The People" that every reference to "the people" means the states.

Last edited:
This is deffinately a thread I will be watching.
I even sent a link to my folks.....they had owned a bullet/shooting supply company for YEARS and now run the gunshows up in Northern Washington...mom said "expect a LOT of anti gun legislation to try and be rammed through.
The Second Amendment Foundation and Gun Owners of America and several other organizations are tracking these."

I fully agree with those that made the point that
the guns involved in most crimes arent obtained legally, and stuff like this will just take away our right to protect ourselves, our families and what we have worked hard to obtain.....not really a good idea in my opinion to give government the right to come into your home and take what you have to protect yourself from people that want to do the same thing....scarey outcome.

~Tiff~

What's that?

The ground is rumbling near Charlton Heston's gravesite........

Penn & Teller explain the second amendment very well in this you tube video:

WARNING GRAPHIC LANGUAGE AT END OF VIDEO

"The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing."

- Adolf Hitler

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future."

- Also attributed to Adolf Hitler

"I ask sir, who is the militia? It is the whole people...To disarm the people, that is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." - George Mason

"Americans [have] the right and advantage of being armed -- unlike citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust people with arms." -James Madison

"...Arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and the plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. The balance of power is the scale of peace." -Thomas Paine

"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword because the whole body of people are armed and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops that can be, on any pretense, raised in the United States..." -Noah Webster

Back
Top Bottom