Gun owners and shooters, may I ask your opinions, please

I got a kick out of it.
smile.png

Steve

Quote:
I have a .357 short revolver from Taurus. Double action. Absolutly love the thing. It is the perfect size for my hand, and is by far more accurate at a longer distance that either my husband, brother, or our close famliy friend (all avid shooters) thought possible. Safety note on revolvers while being carried: Don't load the first chamber because if you drop it, it can fire.

I agree with everyone that has said, take your time, do your reasearch, and find out what is going to work for you and your situation, and then practice, practice, practice. I carry a larger round because when I am hiking small predators are not what concerns me. The bear, cougar, and crazy two leggeds are more on my potential problem list and I don't want to anger it, I want to stop it. And because of the area we live in, I am not as concerned about the bullet travelling. If I were to carry in town, or lived in an area where a traveling bullet had a higher chance of hitting someone else, I would chose a different cal. And that it can also take .38s is great. I use those for practice.

We also have shot guns, .22s, .45s ect. ect. ect. But that little Taurus is what works for me as a good weapon to carry. Hope you have fun finding the right one for you!

410 is a good choice. It will get the job done and the projectil will not travel to far in case you miss your target. Where as a .22 could go up to a mile. You did not mention nieghbors. How close are they to you and would the mind a pot shot here and there. If you want to shoot small critters and not make alot of noise .22 long CB . You can fart loader than it goes pop. Draw back would be on an auto load rifle you will have to load and unload manually. For personal protection I would go with the .357 revolver with a 4" barrel. For someone who is new to guns I would say stay away from Glock or any pistol with a light trigger.(meaning you don`t need to apply alot of pull to fire the weapon) Glock is a great firearm but even police officers have had accident with them. BE SAFE

my whole family where hunters and had pistals and rifles all sizes, but my favorite gun is my 410 22 .over and under. It is a small rifle hardly no kick at all.it is a good girls gun. It shoots a 410 shotgun shell,and a 22 long shell. you can shoot one triger at a time, or both triger. I love my rifle

Back
Top Bottom