Gunna get me an Opossum tonight! GOT HIM!!!!!!!!!

I surely don't know but I do know that I wish they wouldn't come around period.

Before Thanksgiving my neighbor logged his land, and I mean cleared it! I begged him to leave a thick line of trees that separate our properties and he did just not as many as I would have liked. Since then we have had more critters around then normal. I wonder if he stirred up the hornets nest and now all these animals are moving into the stand of trees that he left dividing our properties.

Quote:
I have decided not to release him just because of that reason, so dear oldest son is going to dispose of him for me. I do not know how he will do it. I just know that I cannot.

Any ideas?

Possum is gone.

Now that still leaves me with the question of leaving the trap out for a few more nights?

Also, will they come back one right after another?

Thanks!

Way to go! And they won't go away unless you help them. A heavy yard rake is a pretty handy weapon for slow critters. I have found they even work on porccupines. Don't get the wrong idea. I am an animal lover but I hate holiday weekend trips to the emergency clinic two hours away with dog faces full of quills. If you have something that will go in a trap count your blessings.

What did you bait the trap with? I see a few possums around here, and Id love to trap them up and send them on their heavenly way.

I used a live animal trap and baited it with cat food and marshmellows. The cat food was all over the ground under the trap but the marshmellows where gone!

Still leaves me with the question from earlier posts. Will they come back one right after another and should I set the trap out for a few more nights?

Thanks

Quote:
ya should set the trap every night till you go 3 nights without catching 1 ,, just leave a small pile of cat food outside the trap, bout 10 feet away,, another 2 feet away, some ( a few pieces) at the mouth of the trap,, then the "good stuff" in the back of the trap.

Back
Top Bottom