Gunnison Sage Grouses?

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by drowe005, Mar 19, 2013.

1. drowe005

drowe005 Songster

Mar 20, 2012
    Corapeake NC
    Any of you raise these? Ran into some pictures and think they look really cool.

[​IMG]

2. Tony K T

Tony K T Crowing

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Very beautiful birds.If you plan on raising some.please do you and the birds a favor and get ahold of every bit of info you can get ahold of.These are definetly not for beginners.They are very touchy birds to raise.No,I have not raised any,or would I try.Very expensive also.
    In N.H.,Tony.

3. drowe005

drowe005 Songster

Mar 20, 2012
    Corapeake NC
    They definitely are some pretty birds. I have no intentions of getting any, at least in this time and day. I already feel like I've got birds coming out my ears ha. I was just more or less curious if any fellow BYCers raised them, and any experiences they have had with them. I always like learning about new species and like to hear any experiences, whether good or bad, with raising the species in captivity.

At some point in near future, I plan on moving my Mearns and mountain quail to larger aviaries, and then at some point after that begin the build of a bigger one and plan on getting some sort of grouse or prairie chicken, but that'll be a little down the road. The greater prairie chicken sounds still get me to this day, they make me laugh every time but I like it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by