Guppies, Mollies and Platys

da kid pretty much sumed it up,lots of good advice.only thing i would add is make sure if you put a pinch of salt in for a brackish water tank that it isnt regular table salt. you can buy aquarium salt for pretty cheap at fish store

ilroost
: Guppies, Mollies and Platys da kid pretty much sumed it up,lots of good advice.only thing i would add is make sure if you put a pinch of salt in for a brackish water tank that it isnt regular table salt. you can buy aquarium salt for pretty cheap at fish store

Thank you Ilroost

and yes I don't use table salt , I did at first , then I ended up using salt from a koi / flower Gardner Shop, You can also use the salt from ur local pet shop that they use for saltwater tank set –up which I did also .

Alan​

We bought some half gallon size container of fish salt as recommended by Petsmart. The young lady had a 25 gallon tank and a ten gal tank in her own home LOL! She said to use it and get the starter or stablizer to lower the ph content which the water test said that everything else if within safe limits except the PH balance which it was near a 9. So she told us to retest again with in 24 hours. So we did that and now everything is stable.

We will not be getting anymore fishes anytime very soon but maybe next week if we do not face any losses.

So far all the fishes are doing well, no one is slacking off.

Hubby's friend at work told him to add BAKING SODA to balance the ph content in the fish tank. He said it is much better than the store bought ones and I thought, nah, I'd rather have PROVEN products for fishes, particularly MADE for fishes. What do you guys think? It is surprising to hear that the guy's fishes were fine with baking soda to bring down the ph in his tank.

Thanks, DaKid, what an information for me to reap from!

Oh, we got a double filter system....that thing is noisy! I thought they were supposed to be quiet but I guess it depends on the brand. I do not mind water coming out of it but we checked it repeatly and nothing is loose or installed wrong.

EweSheep
Hubby's friend at work told him to add BAKING SODA to balance the ph content in the fish tank. He said it is much better than the store bought ones and I thought, nah, I'd rather have PROVEN products for fishes, particularly MADE for fishes. What do you guys think? It is surprising to hear that the guy's fishes were fine with baking soda to bring down the ph in his tank.

Thanks, DaKid, what an information for me to reap from!

yes you can use baking soda to lower the PH
that all I use in my koi ponds also I buy it on line in 25lbs bags along with the salt .

not to drift off but in our koi and goldfish ponds we add what they call KOICLAY this helps with the water quailty and also bring out the true colors of the fish , it also helps collection the bad crap in the filter system , I going to be trying it in my newly set up tropical mini pond in my basement for some of my (not yep purchase Guppies - mollies and swordstails pond )

If it works with koi and goldfish ponds -it should work great with tropical fish tanks or mini pond set ups

Oh, we got a double filter system....that thing is noisy! I thought they were supposed to be quiet but I guess it depends on the brand. I do not mind water coming out of it but we checked it repeatly and nothing is loose or installed wrong.

WHAT KIND IS IT

Alan​

Last edited:
The filter pump is Top Fin 60. It has a knob on top that you can adjust the flow of water expelling into the tank.

How much baking powder should I use?

So far the fishies are doing very well.

What does KoiClay consists of?

Back
Top Bottom