Gurgling hens with upper respiratory issue & treatments

We must have been posting at the same time! Funny!

No, I don't think I need any more birds for awhile! Our theory originally was to keep the young layers and sell when over a year,..well, that lasted the first two years! Now, as the hens are mine, I keep them their entire life! This habit of keeping them, explains why I still have a 4 year old leghorn a rescue brahma bantam of about the same age or older, and one Delaware about 2+ years. The remaining 25 are from this spring.

Good to know this though, as we don't need to introduce any new birds or these, to potential illness either. It's not fun.

Is there anything I can do with all the eggs they are laying now, while taking the LS-50?

No, I would just toss them, since there will be drug residue in the eggs, so not food for dogs or the chickens to eat. It would be wise to wait at least 2 weeks after the last dose of antibiotics to eat eggs.

That's what I thought as well, but just wasn't sure. If it was gardening season I wondered if they could be put in the ground for fertilizer? But perhaps the drug thing would be a problem as well? Someone told me once to bury eggs when planting tomato plants, for a boost and amazing boost for the fruit. I never tried it!
1f600.png
1f373.png
1f600.png

Back
Top Bottom