Gurgling noise.thoughts?

You might want to get Tylosin from Jedds.com to put in the water for the sick chickens. It can treat MG, but the chickens will still be carriers. To find out which disease you are seeing, testing through your state vet could be done, to make sure that you are treating with the right drug.

Could it be gapeworm?no face swelling,no runny nose,no mucus in the throat as far as I can tell,no other chickens are showing symptoms except for the chicks.it was my rooster who started showing symptoms,the chicks honestly might have had it but I never put attention to their breathing.no same symptoms as 10 months ago.

Gapeworm causes severe respiratory distress, and the inability to eat of drink or carry on normal activities. I don’t think that you are dealing with gapeworm, but if you want to treat it, give SafeGuard Liquid Goat Wormer 1/4 ml per pound given orally for. 5 days in a row. A vet can also examine some droppings for gapeworm eggs with a fecal float.

Okay,I'll give it a try,this symptoms are not the same as the ones from the respiratory disease I've dealt with,unless its somehow a milder version?

@Eggcessive there is no consequences if I treat him with baytril and it turns out he doesn't have a respiratory infection?no harm to him right?the expiration date says "07/22",does this mean it expires on July 2022?I bought it in August of last year so I don't think it expired on July 22.

Baytril is a very good antibiotic that treats many reproductive and respiratory diseases caused by bacteria. It is banned for chickens, although some vets still prescribe it. Since egg withdrawal time is a concern in hens, it won’t be any problem for a rooster. It can treat MG and coryza. It sounds like it is good for 2 more years.

Last time I used it,I had to throw out all the eggs for 2 months for the 1 week I treated them with it.I will just treat the rooster for now,only one showing symptoms

Back
Top Bottom