Gurgling sound in her crop

chickenrunUKTerri

In the Brooder
Jul 1, 2019
One of my rescue girls (Pickle, 3 1/2 years old) has not been well. She's in the usual hunched up position, tail down, comb flopped over.
She's drinking and eating, but not very much. I have done the usual checks on her: crop, egg bound, lice, etc. A few days ago when I would pick her up, a clear liquid came out of her mouth and this happened a couple of times over 3-4 days.
I have given her Nutridrops the past three days and it seems to perk her up by the afternoon where she is actually diving for her treats with the other girls.
I have brought her in to give her some mash the past couple of mornings, which she does eat but shortly after she eats it, I hear a gurgling sound coming from her crop. It sounds like a humans belly gurgling when we haven't eaten or our food is digesting.
If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you!

How does her poop look? Does her breath smell bad/fermented?

If fluid is building up in her crop it's usually because something is interfering with her digestion. Sometimes it's fairly straightforward like a heavy worm load or an impaction from eating too much long grass, grit, etc, but it could also be from cancer, a reproductive disorder, or some other disease.

How does her poop look? Does her breath smell bad/fermented?

If fluid is building up in her crop it's usually because something is interfering with her digestion. Sometimes it's fairly straightforward like a heavy worm load or an impaction from eating too much long grass, grit, etc, but it could also be from cancer, a reproductive disorder, or some other disease.
I have a hen who’s got the same sound. She’s gurgling. Wondering if she may have sour crop. She also vomited earlier today. Any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom