Gut Busters for the Week of 1/4

i just wanted to share I just found The Alli Diet Plan book in Dollar Tree!
we're not taking alli but the book has alots of recipes, calorie counts for common meal items and fast places real nice for just a Dollar!

Alli scares me. Isn't it basically the same as those potato chips?? Running to the bthrm if you eat too much. No thank you!

Share any good recipes you have. I have the South Beach book. Some great recipes in there too. I didn't get it for a dollar.
hmm.png

I've been very pleased with myself (And Symlin!). During the past week (began symlin last Friday) I have lost five pounds. Symlin allows me to decrease my insulin and causes me to fill up extremely quick which lessens my portion size.

As a type one diabetic, I was ALWAYS hungry! Now that I've been on symlin, I've actually been losing weight AND I'm rarely hungry. And when I am hungry, a small portion fills me up.

Anyways, today I had:

Breakfast: one english muffin and a glass of milk

Lunch: Half a grilled cheese sandwich, a bowl of split pea soup, and half a home made sugar cookie (I have to be good to myself sometimes!)

Dinner: About a cup of brown rice with a TON of veggies. About a half cup of pineapples with cranberry sauce.

Quote:
Alli scares me. Isn't it basically the same as those potato chips?? Running to the bthrm if you eat too much. No thank you!

Share any good recipes you have. I have the South Beach book. Some great recipes in there too. I didn't get it for a dollar.
hmm.png

they had that one too
lol.png

i was surprise only the first 3 pages of the alli book were about the drug ,yes it scares me too i'd never take it.

Quote:

hmm.png

they had that one too
lol.png

i was surprise only the first 3 pages of the alli book were about the drug ,yes it scares me too i'd never take it.

Alli coats your intestines so that you cannot absorb fat...well you are also not absorbing nutrients and vitamins and minerals. I would not take it...there is no such thing as a "diet pill" Best way to lose weight is to eat healthy and exercise. Eating healthy doesn't mean "diet foods" either. Not to be preachy but eating healthy is not more expensive than eating cheap junk food...why? Because if you eat healthy than you won't have to pay huge Dr. bills for all your health problems...Eat local...eat natural!

Quote:
I haven't been diagnosed as diabetic as of yet (had more blood test this past Monday) but I have insulin resistance. I don't make enough of my own insulin to handle the food I eat. I was on Byetta (it's made from guila monster spit!) for nearly 2 years, lost 35lbs, and was feeling good. Then I suddenly started getting severe stomach pains everytime I took it.

Right now we are just monitering my sugar am & pm before food and 2 1/2 hours after eating. (When I was in the hospital for my surgery in Nov there were several times that it was up in the upper 100's and once it was 239) We are going to moniter it for the next 4 months until I go back for a doc visit or sooner if something dramatic comes out in the blood tests.

Dinner tonight was grilled T-bones. I admit it, I am a steak lover. Don't be giving me no ground meat and telling me it's a "chopped steak" That's hamburger!!!! It better be and inch thick, medium rare and hot off a charchol or wood grill. Forget the gas grill and broiler!!!! Oh yeah, I had a baked tater with smart balance instead of butter and a lovely salad.

We wont talk about the Dove Ice Cream bar

Last edited:
Well, I did 35 minutes of aerobics last night. I was doing good, then my hubby served me a piece of chocolate cake. It was a small piece so I suppose it wasn't too bad.

For breakfast today I had an orange, cereal, toast and coffee.

I'll be taking another lovely slim fast shake to work for lunch. I don't usually take anything for lunch on Fridays so hopefully this will keep me from eating a bunch of junk when I get home.

I wish it was warm out so I could go for a walk. I'm not big on walking in the snow and ice.

Ok,
Breakfast: uncooked oatmeal with a tablespoon of brown sugar and milk.
Lunch: leftover homemade pizza, an orange.

I'm not walking today because my allergies are too bad. Its windy and warm and the cedar counts are high.

Dinner will probably be beef stir fry with brown rice.

Lets see...
Brkfst: english muffin with canola butter, 1/2 oatmeal pancake, coffee

Lunch: pita chips, carrots and hummus, more coffee

Dinner: spinach, broccoli, and pasta covered in sauce with parm cheese glass of rootbeer and then threw the rest out. it was mocking me.

I need to get to sleep at a decent hour so that I can have breakfast!!

Lunch--Chinese--Cashew Chicken--2 of us shared 1 order. light on the rice heavy on the veggies.

Dinner--More Chinese--4 steamed dumplings and a few pieces of Sesame Chicken. I'm stuffed! Saving the rest for lunch or dinner tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom