Gut Busters for the Week of 2/8

chickensista

Songster
11 Years
Feb 23, 2008
CT
Morning everyone! Its a new day, the sun is shining, and its going to hit 50 degrees today! I'm just giddy. I need to see plants and dirt.
smile.png
No digging yet, but we're getting closer!!!

hey - where is everyone???

brkfst: oatmeal and mocha
lunch: yogurt and granola, mocha
snack: prosscuito and slice of cheese, goldfish
40 minute workout!
dinner: chicken stir fry(with broccoli, swiss chard, and carrots), bit of rice, dumplings - i had 5.
hide.gif

oh, and a glass of wine.

I'm here!!! Was such a nice day I spent some time out in the yard and then we went for a ride to the park. Spook decided to go for a swim in the pond!
hu.gif
She did the
celebrate.gif
dance when she came out. Spring is in the air!! (It's liable to snow next week!!)

Brunch---Omlet with lots of veggies and a touch of feta.

Dinner--Ham and cabbage minus the cabbage and plus the taters for me. I hate cooked cabbage
sickbyc.gif
tastes like brussel sprouts, lol

Hope it all worked as you planned.
Great weather here also, nice to see a lot of the snow melt

Hi Barry! We did end up having a great day. Lots of grass poking through the ice now.
smile.png
Just and FYI, our gut buster threads are geared toward losing weight and healthier eating, etc. Feel free to join, we start a new thread every Sunday.
hate cooked cabbage tastes like brussel sprouts,

you are too funny! maybe its the german in me - i love that stuff. not as much as pizza...​

Look at this!!! I'm up before noon!!!!!! I'm turning over a new leaf. I plan to get out there sometime today and walk the neighborhood. Would be easy if I lived in the old neighborhood--all flat. This one is up and down hills. I'm just hoping I make it back to the house before my husband gets home (at 8pm lol) So far the chemo isn't making me sick like last time. Just tired as heck, I'm already ready for my nap!!

Breakfast---Milk & small brownie. I know not the best but I can't just throw out the pan!! Fiber sup.--another effect of chemo.

Lunch---fruit with yogurt

Dinner---Barley soup---baiscly left over stock from ham and cabbage. Couldn't bring myself to throw out such great tasting stock. Threw in a bag of pearl barley. OOOOOOOOOO it tastes wonderful. Used the other half of the stock to make a lentil veggie soup for hubbie (I don't care for lentils) I know what we are eating this week.

I'm making bentos for both of us every day to help us keep on track. Lurchie started back to work today YEAH!!! and I pack his lunches. Portion control is the name of the game.

Now I have to get off my butt

PS here is the link to the Bento thread that was going a while back if anyone is interested.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=82925

PSS Hi Barry. Sorry my brain doesn't normal function this earl in the am. Welcome to the gang

Last edited:
Here's to your new leaf, Coyote! I think you answered this already, but how many chemo sessions do you have left? You are doing an amazing job dealing with everything.

I subscribed to the bento thread - getting ideas for my DD's lunches. I even bought one of the boxes they mentioned. Really neat - but kinda heavy for a 4 yr old. But I'm with ya on the portions. I come from the land of "all you can eat buffet" (WI)
tongue.png

brkfst: 2 eggs, 2 pieces toast, cheese, mocha
snack: banana
lunch: 1/2 turkey and cheese sandwich
snack: apple, 6 animal crackers
dinner: small bowl squash soup, cabbage, brussel sprouts.

no workout. needed a day of stretching.

and right now - i would kill for a choc chip cookie!

Quote:
I've got 9 more months. Once every 21 days. Thank you. I'm doing my best to hang in there. I've flipped out once. Figured I'm allowed to do it once now it's time to kick cancer's arse

Quote:
I know, someone once tried to give me a little bitty filet as a steak. Give me a 20oz Porterhouse or it isn't a steak!!!!

They've got some really cute bentos. I've got a Snoopy one coming from Hong Kong. I admit, I spent way too much on it but........... I don't get all fancy with the cutey stuff but I'm sure the kids just love it. Somebody on the thread makes them for their pre-schooler

My new leaf went KAPUT!! with the brownie I ate this evening.

I did work-out today!!! Did the lap around the sub-division. 4 HILLS!! and no nap!!!!

I don't think I'm eating enough. I'm hungry all the time and I think it's just more than being on a diet. I'm starved!!!

Brunch---Omlet with veggies and a touch of goat cheese, glass of milk

3pm snack---veggies with some balsamic vinegar and a Dr. P
hide.gif

Dinner
hu.gif
Haven't figured that out yet. Nothing in the house I want!

Did another lap around the sub-division today.

Coyote - yea for the laps! One thing our town is missing - sidewalks! I here ya about being hungry all the time. If you let yourself get too hungry you end up giving in to the dark side. Like dark chocolate.
big_smile.png

brkfst: yogurt with granola, mocha
snack: latte
lunch: 1/2 turkey and cheese sandwich, brussel sprouts
dinner: 4 fish sticks, cabbage, bit of pasta. and ummmm, 6 animal crackers. shhhh.

Back
Top Bottom