Gut Busters week of 1/18

UGH! I still have a headache this morning.

Breakfast---smoothie, strawberries, banana, milk & flax meal, was really good just kind of airy and not real filling. May add some yogurt to it next time instead of milk.

Lunch---Goldfishes and Dr. Pepper I know I know, but it was comfort food. My head need comfort!!

Dinner---mini meatloafs with tomato sauce, a bit of cheese and artichokes. I made some brussel sprouts too because they are suppose to be good for me
sickbyc.gif
wont do that again

i'm still taking advil too
roll.png

coyote - did you make frozen or fresh brussel sprouts? frozen are disgusting little balls of ick. get fresh and boil until just tender. they are yummy!

brkfst: 2 eggs, english muffin, slice of cheese, mocha
snack: banana
lunch: pita chips, mocha, and something else i'm sure ???
dinner: spinach with a bit of pasta and sauce, parm cheese, 1/2 breaded chicken cutlet
2 chocolate truffles
hide.gif

i did work out for 30minutes. it would have been longer but i got distracted. one of the chickens caught a mouse - i had to go out and watch chicken keep away.
smile.png

They were fresh. Sauted them with garlic. Hubby loved them. They taste liked like fried cabbage.
sickbyc.gif
I like cabbage but I like it raw. We make what we call garlic slaw.

1 small head cabbage--large shred
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cup Italian dressing or vingrette

It's great in the summer when working on the grill. Guess I'm going to have to make it in the winter too.

My next attempt---broccolli--
sickbyc.gif

UGH!!! Dunno what this is but I still feel like crud. I can't bend over without my head wanting to explode
hit.gif

Breakfast/Brunch---homemade egg McMuffin (I've got one of those Paula Dean thingies) apple juice and milk

Dinner--2 Manwiches, garlic slaw (haven't gotten brave enough to try broccoli today, lol)

Snack---Dr. P

Where is everybody? Sista? you able to craw out of bed today?

hey coyote,
guess its just us chickens here today.
smile.png

i'm still having sinus problems, so yea my head is still funky. yea advil. hope you feel better soon. we had a nice warm, sunny day today so that made me feel better.

brkfst: yogurt and cereal, mocha, slice of deli turkey
lunch: mocha, turkey sandwich
dinner: cabbage stir fry. (cabbage, olive oil, soy sauce, and turmeric) at least i can eat as much as i want.
hmm.png
coyote-i'm going to try your recipe. sounds yummy. and a juice box. for some reason my daughter wants me to have a juice box if she is having one.

i love broccoli too. you can ease into that one. melt some cheese on it.
tongue.png
or steam and pour some yummy dressing on top. yogurt parmesan dressing comes to mind... OK now i'm getting hungry...

I haven't been doing so well with watching what I eat since I've been back at school. My room mates insist on bringing yummy snack things into the apartment. I think I'm going to have to put them all on the highest shelf so I can't reach!

I have been walking ALOT since all my classes are ont he other side of campus. Sometimes I get lazy and take the shuttle, but I've been trying to walk as much as possible. I did eat out quite a bit that first weekend, but i've gotten better about that.

Haven't had a scale around, so I haven't weighed myself. I don't think I gained any weight, but I'm not sure if I've lost any either.

Today I had a chocolate chip muffin for breakfast. Couldn't even drink my glass of tomato juice.

For lunch I had a turkey wrap with apple sauce (The wrap was only 20 carbs and I had to have 30....I hate filling in carbs, but the apple sauce is not all that bad)

Before dinner my room mate came in with sour cream and onion chips. OMG, how could I resist?? I had a few and then switched to croutons. At least they are a little better than chips!

Dinner I had a sandwich on rye bread with turkey, cheese, lettuce and tomato. I also had a bowl of black bean soup...but it was very brothy. I indulged a bit and had a little piece of banana bread cake...or at least that's what I thought it was.

About an hour ago I had a 100 calorie pack of popcorn and i munched on some pringles (bad bad!)

I'm really not doing as bad as I think I am. I am overly hard on myself, but I'd really like to see myself lose weight. I'd be really discouraged if I wasn't losing anything on the symlin!

You're doing fine. I on the other hand have been a complete pig today
rant.gif
I think I was making up for the week of not feeling well.

Fried shrimp, big ol' yeast roll, brownie pie--huge piece but I could only eat about 3 bites it was too rich tasting, corn with lots of butter, green beans with bacon grease. Several Dr. Peppers and all I did was drive around in the truck all day. (Getting cabin fever and had to do something)

Told hubby we need to seriously get back on track. We start the Weight Watchers walking clinic on Monday. (you can find it at Weightwatcher.com)

I've got to get thin(ner) so I can get my belly button ring!!! (otherwise it will get lost in the fat rolls
hit.gif
)

Don't worry too much. We all have those back sliding days. Tomorrow is a new week - a fresh start.
smile.png

I had an OK day. Ate a too much at dinner, but I did get a 35 min. workout in today.

brkfst: yogurt and cereal (again), mocha
lunch: frittata (swiss chard, sun dried tomatoes, onions, and cheese) This was my first attempt at a frittata, and it was yummy! And pretty too. LOL
snack: mocha and biscotti
dinner: steak, white rice, brussel sprouts with pancetta. cheese and crackers for an appetizer and a large glass of red wine. (we had company)

Back
Top Bottom