guys or gals?

Peas-n-Carrots

In the Brooder
8 Years
Mar 10, 2011
I posted pics of these 3 last week trying to find out the breed & got several possibilities. They've changed quite a bit in the last week so i'm hoping that the breed my be a little easier to tell now. I'm also getting really curious about the gender so any help in those 2 areas would be greatly appreciated. I'm very new to this but I'll tell you my guesses and let ya'll tell me if I'm right. There are 2 that are really feathered (long wing feathers) and seem to be maturing faster - I'm hoping i'm right in thinking these could be the girls. The other is the same size as the other 2, but he/she is feathering much slower & the wing feathers are short - it also appears to have little fleshy pockets under his beak so i'm guessing roo? One of the other ones has the little "pockets" too, just not as big. I'm reeeaaallly hoping for 2 girls:fl o yeah, they're probably 2&1/2 or 3 wks old if that helps
#1 & #2 - 2 girls?
82240_25_wk_chick_4.jpg

#1 - girl?
82240_25_wk_chick_6.jpg

#3 - roo?
82240_25_wk_chick_2.jpg

#3 again
82240_25_chick_5.jpg

#3 again
82240_25_wk_chick_7.jpg

#1 & #3
82240_25_wk_chick_9.jpg

They look like the chicks I got at the feedstore. They were labeled Red Sex Links, they are supposed to be pullets. I guess we'll both figure it out as they grow. I don't really care what breed or mix mine are as long as they lay eggs!! Mine love broccoli and carrot peelings, they are so much fun to watch.

i can post different pics too if needed - i'm not sure what ya'll look for when placing wagers about gender:)

AAAAAAAA! Dont say that!!
sickbyc.gif
What if all 3 turned out to be roos - oooooo that would really put me in the doghouse since I jumped the gun & picked these out on my own! My husband & I had a plan to get all BO's, but I couldn't help myself. In my defense, they feed store guy said these were marked "buff".....

Back
Top Bottom