Gypsy Vanner Horse Owners I need your knowledge

Thanks - I think it's very good to hear other opinions, even if one doesn't agree. I think it's very important for old fuddy duddies like me to get around different types of people and hear different thoughts and views about horses - otherwise there is no comprehension - I don't think agreement is necessary, but figuring out what the other view is and why, is for any thinking person. Notice, most people ignore any detail analysis of the conformation that's so important to me. They don't look at it the same way - they look at the drafty conformation as sturdy and handsome. The gaits? Could care less. The feather I find to be a one hour minimum daily chore, they think is attractive. The fact the horses were marked up that bugs some people - they could care less. It's just a completely different way of looking at it.

Time for more pictures:

BTW, GVs are being displayed at the Royal Agricultural Winter Fair in Toranto, Cananda Nov 5-14

www.royalfair.org

8531K.jpg

35.jpg

gypsy-horses-stallionsSUNDANCE10-05-07_grwmvpmay72010_6781_edited-1-574x250.jpg

Yeah... sulfuring/oiling is not fun at all. The smell is horrendous! MTG is basically the same thing already mixed up. I've been using that instead since it doesn't stain. We bought some type of sulfur/lime from the vet and it looks like iodine... not exactly what I want to put on white feathers, lol.

Just to clarify, my definition of rude is saying something online that you would not say to the person face to face. I don't care one bit that people have a differing opinion. BUT I would also not say to someone that they're horses are other people's trash or some of the other remarks that have been said. I have no proplem with what you have said about conformation, complexity of care and gait. And it's not a matter of having thick skin, it's a matter of being respectful of other people's feelings and views - whether hiding behind a computer or face to face.

eta: I also think the condescension is rude and that is mostly what has happened in this thread. And it was not you welsummer.

Last edited:
Quote:
And to elaborate on my part ..

It's kinda like someone coming on the chicken board and declaring what is wrong with chickens and why they would never own one.. kinda makes you go ... "why?"

Or going to a baby shower and elaborating on why you don't like babies and never plan to have one ... ?

Just because you HAVE an opinion doesn't mean it's always the right time or place to EXPRESS that opinion.

In my opinion.
lol.png

On with feathered leg talking ...

I have a friend with a Belgian .. feathered legs and O.M.G - that tail.. I have never seen so much curly 6 foot long tail hair in my life!! eeeeek!

Is the sulfering and oiling to CLEAN or to help MAINTAIN?? or both??

Does it work? In your opinion?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom