H E L P

Quote:
I prefer around 35-40 but I think you will be fine. Just watch the air cells as time goes on.

What should I be looking for in the air cell as time goes on and how do I fix the air cell problem if it becomes one?

I should learn to not assume.

I never remove my red plugs unless humidity or temps need lowering. I do most of that by sight or feel. But that is me.

I am no help. I have even been known to remove windows when I thought it was too hot/humid ..... I live in the south so its a dry heat in the house in winter and a humid heat in summer
roll.png

It should be fine to stay at that level for a day or two this early in incubation. Probably won't need more water until a few days.

Here is a link - it is a lot like I incubate - and a lot of new people swear by CC's cheat sheet

https://www.backyardchickens.com/we...et&PHPSESSID=6a9ef75252d048761e502795e39964f4

Well, I woke up this morning and the temp has been rock steady, but not my humidity is down to 25% from 42%, is this gonna kill the eggs??????????

Quote:
I have been having trouble with my temp but after reading this cheat sheet I have realized that I have nothing to worry about!!! I am going to do more research before worrying! Great link!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
No, they are fine. I've had mine down to 18% with no problems, however, it probably would not be wise to allow the humidity to stay below 20% for a long time. Twenty five percent is fine, and if you are dry incubating, a good thing.
smile.png

Relax. Take a deep breath. Read the posted cheat sheet, and call the first hatch a major learning experience, no matter what happens you will be better prepared for the next hatch. Best wishes!

This is my 2nd hatch, LOL...the cheat sheet is for dry incubation, and I truly don't know what I am doing....Please tell me

1) Add water or no?
2) Drain water or no?

Yes I am a little nervous, was less nervous the first one, but this time I have more eggs....

Back
Top Bottom