HA! Do chickens dream?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by sixlittlechicks09, Aug 9, 2010.

1. sixlittlechicks09

sixlittlechicks09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2010
    Wyalusing
    So I was sitting here, browsing BYC with my 3wk old cochin frizzle chilling out on my belly. She was dozing off (it's time for her nap [​IMG] ) and I did notice her little head laying on my hand (AAAWWWWWW) So I wasn't paying much attention to her when all the sudden I noticed she was starting to tip to one side. Before I knew what was up her little self rolled right over on her back, she woke up with a big *PPPPPEEEEEEEEEEP* and looked around like some big scary monster was after her! [​IMG] After I almost peed myself from laughing, I said to her "Bad dream sweetie?" which made me think, Do chickens dream? haha Just thought I'd share and ask. [​IMG]

2. AJ666

AJ666 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2010
    La Crosse, WI
    [​IMG] I bet they doo!

3. JustErin

JustErin New Egg

Jun 11, 2010
    SW Indiana
    [​IMG] Sounds like a dream to me!

Ours makes occasional soft, quite noises when they are sleeping (or at least, they look asleep), my husband swears they are dreaming.

4. Fuffy

Fuffy Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2009
    Jersey, GB
    [​IMG]
    Sounds a bit like my elderly, deaf and blind labrador...she will start dozing off and then wake with a start, and then nod off again....
    Well you never know, you might miss something!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. sixlittlechicks09

Jul 8, 2010
    Wyalusing
    Haha, another great story about my little Ella, I just got home from work and went downstairs to check on them. I can see their cage from the door, and the two little orpingtons she's living with were eating, but my little Ella was just laying on her back under the heat lamp. I immediately went OMG [​IMG] and ran over to the cage. Her little eyes were closed and she was flipped on her back. I, with tears in my eyes opened the brooder door, she gave a loud "PPPEEERP" flipped over and gave me about the nastiest stink eye I have ever seen!!! After a rigorous inspection she seemed fine, so I put her back in the brooder. Within minutes she walked over to the heat lamp, flopped down on her bum, rolled over on to her side and went back to sleep!!! As she was sleeping, she started moving her legs like she was running and flipped over, sound asleep on her back! [​IMG] She is the WEIRDEST little chicken I have ever seen. I keep telling her "CHICKS DON'T SLEEP ON THEIR BACKS" but I guess she enjoys it, so whatever. I'll have to try and snap a picture next time she's doing it. Now she's giving me the stink eye from the brooder because she's had her nap and it's time for her afternoon romp outside. [​IMG] spoiled little chickens anyway...

6. sixlittlechicks09

Jul 8, 2010
    Wyalusing
    Quote:HAH! That's too funny!

7. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Ha ha! Too Cute!
    My dog, Gypsy will be sound asleep and then all of the sudden she'll go Roof! Roof !Roof! then she'll start kicking her legs around like she's running! Did I mention she snores ... [​IMG]

8. HenneePennee

HenneePennee Out Of The Brooder

Aug 4, 2010
    Alabama
    [​IMG] I never thought of that ... but I bet a few fall from the roost each night and we never knew.

9. blueraspberry

blueraspberry Out Of The Brooder

Aug 4, 2010
    whats stink eye?????? [​IMG]

10. Louieandthecrew

Louieandthecrew I am actually a female!

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Ha ha! Too Cute!
    My dog, Gypsy will be sound asleep and then all of the sudden she'll go Roof! Roof !Roof! then she'll start kicking her legs around like she's running! Did I mention she snores ... [​IMG]

My boxer does the same thing! He will also be sitting up and just fall over cause he fell asleep! Oh wow.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by