Had a bunch of eggs not hatch (graphic)

texan4ut

Chirping
8 Years
Feb 17, 2015
Eggs are now in 18 days got 19 out of 60. Still have them in the bator but pulled two just to check. Here is what I got of the two one I understand probably not fertile

This one developed but had this red sack haven't opened any more yet anything you experienced quail folks can tell me what might have happened

Update. Waited till yesterday day 20 no movement in the eggs. so yook them out. Including the picture I posted 60 eggs set, 19 hatched, 7 had a chick in various stages of development 34 were just full of yolk. So I guess getting 19 out of 26 that developed is ok. Since I goy 66 eggs and only had room for 60 I kept the others at room temp and turned each day. I went ahead and set them just to see if anything hatches.

Any thoughts as to what caused it? Temperture, Humidity etc.

Because they quit randomly along through out the incubation. Id say it was due to the condition of the parent stock. Nutrition for the parents is so much more important than most folks realize.... just because the birds lay, dont mean a lot! Could hav been their age too. Either young or old.... It could have been the age of the eggs as well. They could have very well been mostly fertile and just too old for cell division to start. if it was something you did or didnt do, the ones that quit would have been close to the same point of development. Dust yourself off, throw the duds out, and find you some more eggs. Set them to simmer, heat eat and repeat!

I had 60 eggs also, out of the 60 I had 15 hatch on day 17 and 11 hatch on day 18. I left the eggs in the incubator until day 21. After no more hatchs this is what I found. 17 were infertile and the other 17 that didn't make it were in different stages of development. I did everything by the book and I don't blame myself, the way I figure it is the 26 I got would not have hatch at all if I was doing something wrong. They were mail order eggs soi it could have been due to handling but they were packed very well. The chicks are now 2 weeks old are healthy and growing rapidly, and I very happy to have them. Enjoy your birds!

:thumbsup
Because they quit randomly along through out the incubation. Id say it was due to the condition of the parent stock. Nutrition for the parents is so much more important than most folks realize.... just because the birds lay, dont mean a lot! Could hav been their age too. Either young or old.... It could have been the age of the eggs as well. They could have very well been mostly fertile and just too old for cell division to start. if it was something you did or didnt do, the ones that quit would have been close to the same point of development. Dust yourself off, throw the duds out, and find you some more eggs. Set them to simmer, heat eat and repeat! 

Back
Top Bottom