Had some bad luck with the Post Office... Now...

vfem

Yoga...The Chicken Pose
11 Years
Aug 4, 2008
Fuquay Varina, NC
I finally got a batch of chicks that made it alive! This is the third and final group... and thanks to Susan for her AMAZING patience with me and my bad luck.

I have 9 peeping happy healthy Black and White Japanese Bantams eating and pooing away in their brooder now.

The first batch got eaten by a fox when I put them out in the coop with a broody who took them free ranging and got locked out of the coop when some wind closed their coop's run door. Heart breaking (RIP Muppet, my most favorite silkie ever!)

The second batch got misplaced, and forgotten about at my local PO where they sat for a day... even though I called and went up there twice... no one could find them until it was too late and they passed.
sad.png

But not this time... I even called my PO and told them yesterday they were coming and not to DARE forget... I was to be called IMMEDIATELY.

SO the crazy chicken lady I am... but I have my chickens
cool.png

14084_jb_chicks1.jpg

I'm sorry to here it. My chicks came in and the post office in the next town over called me on sunday to let me know, and let me pick them up that day!

Awwww....they are bunch of sweeties aren't they???
love.gif
Glad the PO finally got it right!

You might not want them on the newspaper tho, I heard it is too slippery for them & you might end up w/ spraddle leg. Just sayin'.....

Glad you got them! Our feed store messed up, so no babies for us yet!
wink.png
I hate it that when others mess up, it can ruin your plans!

Quote:
Thanks so much, I ran out of shavings since I changed the coops' out this week. The feed store closed at noon today, so I have to put them there until I can get another bag in the morning. I will make sure not to let it go past that then.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom