Had to move eggs at day 19

BrynsHyns

Chirping
Feb 24, 2021
On day 18- 3 eggs had been kicked out of the nesting box of my broody hen (SL Wyandotte) by other hens. I put one cracked one back in because it wasn't bleeding and it was wiggling (candling).
On day 19 I moved them down to a dog crate inside the coop with broody momma but didn't realize I wasn't supposed to move the eggs. It's day 20 today and I'm super anxious. They are all under broody momma now, but did I just really screw up my potential hatch?candles. I have a lavender araucana that also went broody and have 4 eggs under her too but I don't know their hatch date exactly.
Also, I don't necessarily have extra run space, but would it be better to leave her and the hopeful chicks in here inside the coop protected from elements or put them in a kennel out in the run?

Attachments

• 20220530_190603.jpg
    20220530_190603.jpg
    687.4 KB · Views: 23
If your hen went back to sitting on her eggs no harm was done. I let my broodies back in the coop shortly after hatch. Most hens and roosters ignore chicks, but mom may have a few scuffles as she reenter the flock and tells the others to stay back from the chicks.

Back
Top Bottom