Had to scold my "children" tonight! They were bad little babies!

My cats raided a nest last week and left three baby birds all over my yard.
barnie.gif

They do remind me of dinosaurs! I totally see the connection. Mine find lots of baby snakes and frogs, and tear them to pieces. It's unnerving. I'm glad they're so small. I never want to drop dead with my chickens loose, they would strip me down to bones pretty quickly, I'm sure!

Quote:
perfect analogy!
big_smile.png
I saw evil in those eyes tonight! lol!

Sad thing is that our beloved babies would do the same thing to us if they thought they could. What do you think is going through their tiny little minds when they are giving us the "stink eye"? I believe they are asking themselves, " Can I open my mouth that wide?"
hide.gif

I feel bad for the poor baby bird.
sad.png

We had a nest of baby squirrels last year. They kept falling out of the tree top and the hens would eat them. They also kill and eat snakes. They will eat just about anything that moves.

Oddly I just don't feel as bad for reptiles like snakes and lizards as I do for squirrels, baby birds, and mice.
idunno.gif
I don't know. For snakes I figure either they eat it or eventually when it gets bigger it will eat their babies or eggs.

We as humans tend to empathize with other mammalian creatures, typically more so than with avian, amphibian or reptilian animals. I think it's because humans as a species understand mammals better because we relate to them on a deeper level than other creatures.

As for me, (and I probably speak for many people on here) give me birds any day. They make more sense to me.

Back
Top Bottom