Hadn't thought of this...

you can hang a head of lettuce for them to pick at too - not only is it a treat they get to play with their food! something I always get yelled at for!
big_smile.png

Another use for tires that I just heard of at a local chicken event (now there's something I never thought I'd be typing!!!)...

Take a tire and fill with straw, then soak with water. In the morning move the tire and kick the straw, and watch all the cockroaches scurry/get devoured by your chickens. Evidently it attracts them at night, they stay when the sun comes up (buried in the moist straw) and voila!

You could say, "Roaches chicken, but they don't check out!"
lau.gif

We have two tree stumps in the run, a roost, and an old pool ladder that they can play on. Plus a board that lays across from the coop to the top of a tree stump, so it's like a "balcony". They love it up there!

When they were little I had a toddler's lawn chair (plastic) in with them. When they got bigger, the chair tipped over too much so I took it out. The pool ladder works great, though - it's one of those that goes over the side of an above-ground pool.
big_smile.png

I'm building a jungle gym out of leftover wood to put in the run. it's going to have perches and platforms and stuff. If I'm really ambitious, I might even try to make it look like a miniature kids gymset.

I think the chickens will like it, but I've already been called crazy for the idea.

A jungle gym, for chickens.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom