HAHA! My chickens are so funny!

Lil'ChickFarm

Songster
8 Years
Jun 27, 2011
They have a huge run here. It is about a third of my yard, so it is free ranging to a point. Half of it is grass which they keep down enough so we never have to mow and the other half is dirt, only because we put dirt over there when we built gardens, so it killed the grass.
I have tried to grow grass back, but the chickens eat the seed, so I gave up.
So now I keep straw all over that area most of the time, so it is never mud from rain.
Well yesterday I dumped some leaves over there to let them compost on the dirt and use instead of straw.
It is different for them.
When I dumped it, they were all down to the end of the yard, under the bunny cage and they didn't freak out or anything.
However today I opened their coop to let them out for breakfast and you would have thought there was some kind of invisible door still on the coop, lol.
NONE OF them was gonna come out first and walk across those leaves. hehehe...........It was so funny. So I just put their food in the coop and let them eat inside.
As of now, two hours later, they still are hanging in the coop.
They don't call them CHICKENS for nothing!!!! lol. They make me laugh though. Gotta love em. Chickens are more fun then any good movie. :)

I got the same reaction only opposite, if that makes any sense, when I took BIG EVIL BAGS OF LEAVES in the coop and emptied them. :lau

Chickens, chickens, they are so funny!
gig.gif
lau.gif
lol.png

they sure are chicken i put new nesting boxes in there coop today and put pine shavings down for the winter instead of there sand and they would not go into there coop till I opened the big door and set in there with them thew dried meal worns around the pine shavings then it was ok to go search for those but they will not go near those nesting boxes lol

Back
Top Bottom