haha prank phone calls

yuckyuck.gif

Quote:
Having been an English territory, being an English-speaking country, and having parts that were colonized by the Portuguese, it is possible, you know.
cool.png
Imagine my surprise a few years ago to meet "Justin Paul" and discover that he was a 40-something Catholic Indian man born, named, and raised in Pondicherry, India, a former Portuguese colony.

I miss the good old days of phone pranks. Caller ID took all the fun out of it.

My old telephone number was 555-6286. The local Harley dealership was 555-6368.

In the time it took to get our number changed (two months, lousy phone company customer service people) we got some doozies of folks thinking they were calling a buddy and not realizing there was actually a complete stranger on the other end of the line. They'd start their 'prank', then do a double-take when they realized they didn't actually have the front desk person at the dealership and start backtracking.

Most of the biker types were very cool about the whole thing, and extremely apologetic when they realized they'd called a household at 7am instead of a business. One of the sales guys at the dealership even bought me flowers when an irate customer got me instead of him.

The trouble with prank phone calls is that you have no way of knowing what is going on at the other end of the line. There could be grevious trouble.

I changed my son's outgoing message on his cell phone once, in a British accent to say:

Hello, you have reached Brandon's cellular tellyphone. He can't talk right now because he is busy trying to lick his elbow. If he gives a darn about you, he will call back, otherwise give up now. You have no chance."

He didn't know I did that for about two weeks, until his friend started asking him where he got the recording.....

I did another on to him that he found pretty fast:

Hello? Hello? HELLO???? I hate this stupid phone - CRASH - dial tone.

yuckyuck.gif

My DH used to be the prince of prank calls. There is a site online of soundbyte quotes from all sorts of actors, Arnold Schwartzenegger, Al Pacino, etc.

He used to call up people (especially friends & relatives) with the computer ready to go. Imagine, if you can, the Terminator on the end of your phone line:

"Hello, how are you?"

"I'm going to ask you a bunch of questions, and I want them answered immediately."

"What's the matter?"

"Stop it, stop whining!"

He had some people going for a while.
gig.gif

lau.gif

You guys are BAD!!!
My brother is very good at disguising his voice-he called my cousin one time and asked "is your house on ....-... road? " When she said yes, he said "Well. you'd better move it, there's a big truck coming!"

I didn't do this, my best friend did and I still just get down in the floor laughing over it every time I think of it, and I wasn't even there to see the reaction!! I heard about it all second hand.

The other realty I worked for always had a luncheon and we all took turns bringing lunch. Bill, one of the agents always had a hankering to be a baker. He would make up some of the most awful things, and we would all eat and ooh and aah, and then gag behind his back . . .we loved him, and woudn't hurt his feelings for the world. One day he brought in a beautiful chocolate cake. He cut it and we all took a piece and the icing was just not right . . .first thing I thought of was booze, but he denied it and said it was strawberry jam
roll.png
. . .well, Shelley, one of the agents could just barely choke it down, and she was so suspicious, that she told him if it WAS liquor, she would get him sooner or later. Later on, Shelley sat down with him (the next week) and said, "Bill, I have to ask you something. did you really put whiskey in that icing last week? the reason I ask is because I am recovering alcoholic, and ever since i ate that cake, I have had a terrible time wanting to drink." Well, Bill cried like a baby. He thought he had really done something terrible and told her over and over how sorry he was and he would never do anything to hurt anyone of us, and she flipped him on the shoulder, and said, "told you I would get you if that was booze in that icing." Everyone that was in that office was in the floor, and did he have a red face. We all disbanded and went to work for different agencies after that, but we still laugh our heads off over the whiskey icing.

Back
Top Bottom