haha silly duckie

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by lovesduckies, May 31, 2010.

1. lovesduckies

lovesduckies Bedroom Farm Inc.

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    my little mallard named Fruitloops (the one i'm having trouble trying to tame... no it's not wild the lady i bought them from never handled them or cuddled them) is in the brooder chasing flies lol. it looks soo funny. [​IMG]

2. JosieR

JosieR Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2010
    Orange County, NY
    That is pretty funny! Mine have only done that a couple of times but the kids love watching it. My son says they go from slow, waddling little things to fly catching ninjas in the blink of an eye

Maybe you can try bribing her with flies to be nice from now on? [​IMG]

3. Miss Red

Miss Red Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    Trinity, Texas
    Haha one of my giant pekings does that. He also likes to reach over the side of his pool and drink the drinking water for the chickens... While he's IN the pool.

4. lovesduckies

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    lol i could try bribing him with flies lol. idk that duck is a lose cannon but funny to watch!!

5. katharinad

katharinad Overrun with chickens

We have finally good weather without temps below freezing. So I went the bought annual flowers for the flowering boxes on my deck. Spend only $14.40 for 36 plants at our local Ace hardware store. I had my two almost 5 weeks old Saxony ducks with me in the back yard. They were in the kiddie pool enjoying the day. Anyway, I filled the boxes on the lower step up to the deck and started putting flowers into them. I turned around to get the watering can and there they were. Standing about 3 inches behind me watching what I was doing. They were so cute doing it. They even put their heads from side to side. Gotta love those little stinkers.
    Katharina

6. lovesduckies

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    aweeeee that's sooooooo cute. i love when they do that. my little rouen is partly blind i think cuz it has a white spot on it's eye.. it always tilts it's head to look with the good eye. and my scovy hen outside hates planes so when they fly over she tilts her head to look then put her little scovy mohawk up lol then my drake starts hissing and he put his up too lol. they are silly.

7. crj

crj Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2009
    Rocky Point, NC
    My 4 week old runner ducks (6 of them) figured out how to get out of their pool today. I don't have the pen finished yet so I sit with them outside with a crate to put them back in when they get tired. Anyway, they got out of the pool and decided to take a stroll. They met up with 3 of my larger chickens who ran in 3 different directions as the baby runners approached. Too funny. The babies didn't know what to do so they came back to the pool. Meanwhile, in the background another chicken was chasing a fly that was circling her. How she didn't get dizzy I don't know. She did manage to kill the fly but decided it wasn't what she was in the mood to eat. She probably felt sick after all that spinning.

Birds are so funny. How did I go so long without them?

8. lovesduckies

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    i am thinking the same thing. how did i go 21 years. i don't really like birds, i like waterfowl.. that's pretty much it lol. i their webbed feet [​IMG] and my ducks (the outside ones) are soooo loving. i am trying to get my 3 little ones to be the same lol. i noticed when i went outside that my duckies had drilled a pretty big sized hole this morning when i cleaned their pool and fed them lol. my parents were laughing. i hope they got some goooood bugs!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by