Hail and Well Met

Virdriux

Chirping
Apr 6, 2020
Hello!! Finally decided to make an account after a couple years of reading threads here for answers on birds haha,,,
And just to run through the recommended questions! I’ve had my own chickens for almost three years now, though I’ve helped my grandmother with hers almost my entire life. Granted, a good portion of that when I was little was just collecting eggs. I’ve got 11 chickens currently, consisting of two white crested black polish, one a roo, two wyannedottes, a bantam brahma roo, a bantam cochin, three americauna and one small hen that’s cute but... I’m unsure what she is. I’ve got quite a soft spot for small, round birds, especially those with funny features. Other than that, I’ve also got a heritage palm tom and a turkey hen that’s some sort of heritage breed, in addition to quite a large group of ducks.
I find having birds incredibly soothing. Their enthusiasm for treats and curiosity is fascinating, and having the daily routines of care is something I find helpful.
Besides birds, my hobbies consist of anime, games, books and deep wikipedia binges. Sometimes you gotta delve into the intricacies of octopus classifications, you feel me?
I decided to give in and join up after my latest bought of bewilderment about behavior. That, and I’ve got a couple drakes I haven’t managed to find anyone that can identify what the heck they are. It’s great to be here, and I hope you all are doing well!

Back
Top Bottom