Hailey The Egg Eater Help!

Sigh......not sure what's got into her then.<shrugs>
Can't think of anything else but to crate her for a few days then if she hasn't reformed, soup!
I have, I believe, 2 chickens that are eating eggs. I caught one in the act but I’m pretty confident that the other is also eating them too. Dumb question- when you “crate” them, how do you do it? Keep them completely isolated for a few days? Do you recommend putting the crate in the run so they’re not as stressed? So they feel like they’re around the other girls? Thanks for any wisdom you can impart!!

Thank you for all help I will try as reccomended.
Best of cLuck @DaisyBuff let us know how it works out.

I have, I believe, 2 chickens that are eating eggs. I caught one in the act but I’m pretty confident that the other is also eating them too. Dumb question- when you “crate” them, how do you do it? Keep them completely isolated for a few days? Do you recommend putting the crate in the run so they’re not as stressed? So they feel like they’re around the other girls? Thanks for any wisdom you can impart!!
@The Chicken Gardener
It would be best to start a new thread here about your egg eaters,
with as much info about your flock and it's housing(dimensions and pics) as possible.
You'll get lots of great advice and not hijack this thread.

for an egg eating chicken I would recommend blowing out an egg and filling it with mint jelly. Chickens don't like the taste of mint. I've done it for my own flock before and it stopped all five egg eating hens from eating eggs. The other chickens pecked at it to but out of 40 free ranging chickens only one actually liked mint jelly.

Back
Top Bottom