hair dying tips

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by RAWR, Jul 13, 2010.

1. RAWR

RAWR Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    who wants to know?
    gonna put the pink back in my hair...first time im dying it myslef [​IMG]
    any tips on how to do it?

2. ScaredOfShadows

ScaredOfShadows Chillin' With My Peeps

streaks or tips or whole thing?

Streaks - use bobby pins or clips or something to seperate layers of hair and strands. Whole thing - start at the roots on top, then the back of the head, and around the hairline, then work outwards. tips - just use your gloved fingers with dye on them and rub the length you want downward once or twice each time - then go all the way around. When your doing streaks or tips - always much easier to have another person help to get the back [​IMG]

3. RAWR

May 26, 2009
    who wants to know?
    its the bottom part of my hair :O
    but i will keep all that in mind for the future [​IMG]

4. ScaredOfShadows

ScaredOfShadows Chillin' With My Peeps

yeah I seen your other thread. my 17 yr old cousin uses the crazy colors in her hair all the time. [​IMG] she uses the organic coloring that washes out in about 10-15 washes - but it looks good first few days - pink, red, purple, green, blue, etc etc - gets it at Sallys Beauty Supply - about $10 a bottle.

Anyway - just use a dark towel on your shoulders, and seperate your hair out with bands - so you look like medusa [​IMG] with all the little pony tails, like 3 on each side of your head - this will allow you to make sure your getting an even coat on your hair. Just have color on your fingers and rub through in downward strokes through your hair at the length you want it on each pigtail. Leave your hair in the pigtails till right before your ready to wash the gunk out - and wa lah you should be good. Seperating your hair out like that will also allow you to do different colors and all.

Good luck!

5. xxleandraxx

xxleandraxx Out Of The Brooder

Jul 13, 2010
    No idea how you do it yourself!!! but sounds lovely is it bright pink or a baby pink???

6. RAWR

May 26, 2009
    who wants to know?
    cotton candy

i used Manic Panic :O lol got it at Sally's
    and mkay, i'll try it :3

7. RAWR

May 26, 2009
    who wants to know?
    NEW QUESTION!
    how do you do streaks?

8. Nicola

Nicola Chook Cuddlin' Aussie

Feb 23, 2009
    ACT
    Quote:depending on if u want visable chunks or not...

Section out hair and apply colour mixture to pieces. Once you have covered the entire strip of hair, cover with foil and fold. Do this to each sectioned out piece leave in for reccomended amount of time..

or for less chunky

http://www.zipafoil.com/traditional_method

9. TyrannosaurusChix

TyrannosaurusChix Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2010
    Savannah, NY
    [​IMG] i know im late but if you have any more questions... im fairly experienced [​IMG]

[​IMG]

thin streaks- frosting cap

thick streaks- you can use foil and a shower cap- cut holes in it near the root part, wrap in foil so not to mess up roots, and just let it hang out of the shower cap

ends of hair- just use a pony tail holder and hang it over a towel.

rubbing alcohol gets it off skin.. no need to buy the stuff for it. its a ripoff.

10. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    I'd have a friend do it for me. It'd be fun.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by