Songster
10 Years
May 26, 2009
who wants to know?
gonna put the pink back in my hair...first time im dying it myslef
hmm.png

any tips on how to do it?

streaks or tips or whole thing?

Streaks - use bobby pins or clips or something to seperate layers of hair and strands. Whole thing - start at the roots on top, then the back of the head, and around the hairline, then work outwards. tips - just use your gloved fingers with dye on them and rub the length you want downward once or twice each time - then go all the way around. When your doing streaks or tips - always much easier to have another person help to get the back
wink.png

yeah I seen your other thread. my 17 yr old cousin uses the crazy colors in her hair all the time.
wink.png
she uses the organic coloring that washes out in about 10-15 washes - but it looks good first few days - pink, red, purple, green, blue, etc etc - gets it at Sallys Beauty Supply - about $10 a bottle.

Anyway - just use a dark towel on your shoulders, and seperate your hair out with bands - so you look like medusa
gig.gif
with all the little pony tails, like 3 on each side of your head - this will allow you to make sure your getting an even coat on your hair. Just have color on your fingers and rub through in downward strokes through your hair at the length you want it on each pigtail. Leave your hair in the pigtails till right before your ready to wash the gunk out - and wa lah you should be good. Seperating your hair out like that will also allow you to do different colors and all.

Good luck!

Quote:
depending on if u want visable chunks or not...

Section out hair and apply colour mixture to pieces. Once you have covered the entire strip of hair, cover with foil and fold. Do this to each sectioned out piece leave in for reccomended amount of time..

or for less chunky

http://www.zipafoil.com/traditional_method

lol.png
i know im late but if you have any more questions... im fairly experienced
gig.gif

pinklol.jpg

thin streaks- frosting cap

thick streaks- you can use foil and a shower cap- cut holes in it near the root part, wrap in foil so not to mess up roots, and just let it hang out of the shower cap

ends of hair- just use a pony tail holder and hang it over a towel.

rubbing alcohol gets it off skin.. no need to buy the stuff for it. its a ripoff.

Back
Top Bottom