Hallelujah!!! It's FINALLY done!!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by teach1rusl, Sep 12, 2009.

1. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

About 100 blisters/calluses and $1400 later, our coop is ready! I don't want to even LOOK at another roll of wire for...well...for a LONG time. My five chicks come THIS week (I'm so excited!!), so it'll be a few weeks before they get to enjoy thier new "home."

[​IMG]

The run took FOREVER to build...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The inside...before chickens, which is why there's not bedding down.
    [​IMG]

Ladder to their roost...
    [​IMG]

4 more days till my babies arrive!!! [​IMG]

2. spacetygrss

spacetygrss Out Of The Brooder

Aug 24, 2009
    DFW, TX
    Wow! Great job! That's a huge run too! How big is it?

3. possumqueen

possumqueen Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    Monroe, North Carolina
    That is for FIVE chickies? Just five?

Gives new meaning to the word, "McMansion."

Oh, wait! You're already aware that you are totally hooked, and you're embracing your addiction in advance! THAT's what I call planning!

4. Soccer Mom

Soccer Mom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2009
    West of Crazy
    Whoa! That sucker is huge!!!!!!! I guess you've got plenty of room to expand. That's actually a really smart idea.

5. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Beautiful job!

6. PortageGirl

PortageGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm in AWE!!! I'm copying your poop board, roost thingy... extra floor space that stays clean, fantastic, and your run is to die for!!! ...*shifty eyes* wanna come to my house for a visit?

7. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Quote:The run is 16 x 36. We made it big hoping to preserve some grass in it (don't laugh...it's possible!). And possumqueen...lol...I don't usually have that much foresight. I'm REALLY hoping to keep it at five...lol...but you never know where or when chicken fever might strike... There is room to expand down another 16 feet, but I don't even want to think about that right now...

8. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    That is AWESOME! You did a fantastic job![​IMG]

9. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    5 measely chicks????? They will get lost in that thing.[​IMG] Of course 5 leads to 10 then 20 and on and on it goes. Awesome job!!! That's beautiful. [​IMG]

10. Darlasmum

Darlasmum Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2009
    La Crescenta, CA
    [​IMG] WOWZAaaa !!!! That is a fantastic coop and run. You've done a beautiful job. You should be nominated for the super-coop prize. I cant tell- is that a dog or a goat trying it out? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by