Hallelujah!!! It's FINALLY done!!

teach1rusl

Love My Chickens
14 Years
Jul 28, 2009
Floyds Knobs, Indiana
My Coop
My Coop
About 100 blisters/calluses and $1400 later, our coop is ready! I don't want to even LOOK at another roll of wire for...well...for a LONG time. My five chicks come THIS week (I'm so excited!!), so it'll be a few weeks before they get to enjoy thier new "home."

37862_coop_9_005.jpg

The run took FOREVER to build...
37862_coop_9_009.jpg

37862_coop_9_011.jpg

The inside...before chickens, which is why there's not bedding down.
37862_coop_9_018.jpg

Ladder to their roost...
37862_coop_9_017.jpg

4 more days till my babies arrive!!!
big_smile.png

That is for FIVE chickies? Just five?

Gives new meaning to the word, "McMansion."

Oh, wait! You're already aware that you are totally hooked, and you're embracing your addiction in advance! THAT's what I call planning!

I'm in AWE!!! I'm copying your poop board, roost thingy... extra floor space that stays clean, fantastic, and your run is to die for!!! ...*shifty eyes* wanna come to my house for a visit?

Quote:
The run is 16 x 36. We made it big hoping to preserve some grass in it (don't laugh...it's possible!). And possumqueen...lol...I don't usually have that much foresight. I'm REALLY hoping to keep it at five...lol...but you never know where or when chicken fever might strike... There is room to expand down another 16 feet, but I don't even want to think about that right now...

5 measely chicks????? They will get lost in that thing.
lol.png
Of course 5 leads to 10 then 20 and on and on it goes. Awesome job!!! That's beautiful.
bow.gif

thumbsup.gif
WOWZAaaa !!!! That is a fantastic coop and run. You've done a beautiful job. You should be nominated for the super-coop prize. I cant tell- is that a dog or a goat trying it out?
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom