Halloween 2013

HarvestmoonGal - I just wanted to say I LOVE your name. I am obsessed with that series, but I only play the ones for consoles, not the Nintendo 3DS ones.

As for Halloween, we have had 1 trick-or-treater at our house in 23 years. My aunt lived in a development and I would dress up and go there. My other aunt now hosts a big Halloween party and there is a pumpkin hunt in the woods. She hangs ghosts and bats in the trees and you have to go through there with just a flashlight.

This year we are throwing a Halloween party. We have a fireplace so we are buying dry ice and putting it in it. Then we are putting green lights so it looks like a spooky fog! We are also putting a scary pumpkin in it so its extra scarey!! :) there will also be fake bats, spider web, jack-o-lanterns, bloody hand prints, and of course candy! I can't wait!! 8)

That sounds great!!! Both the walmarts near me don't sell dry ice so I am bummed about that. Might just have to cave in and get a fog machine!

I'm haunting this thread because I have never celebrated Halloween before. Yup, I'm the Halloween Virgin and, unfortunately, it looks like it'll stay that way until I move out. Dad's always been a bit of a....non-conventional holiday prude, I suppose. So October 31st has always been off limits. It sucks.

I'm hoping, though, that this year will be the year that I actually go out with friends, all dressed up. I have no idea what I want to be, though. As a plus size girl, I've found that all the costumes my size are a little trashy. But I'll be living through my sister by decorating her apartment with little creature eyes and bat cut outs and I'll probably make some tasty Halloween treats for the neighbor kids, even though they don't trick-or-treat around here (the street-lighting is terrible; I wouldn't want kids walking around in the dark, anyway).

We'll see if I can get away with putting pumpkins on the grocery list, though. And if the pumpkins end up carved after I've scraped the good pulp and seeds out of them, well, I'm an artist. How could I waste such a great canvas?
idunno.gif

I can't wait to go grocery shopping, heehee!

Haunt away lol That sucks your dad isn't into Halloween
hugs.gif

I've been living in the US since 2009 and the last 3 years are the only time I could really do anything for Halloween as the first year we were living in an apartment
sad.png

They way I look at it is, this Australian has 34 years of pent up Halloween just wanting to come out hahahaha
lau.gif
Now that we have a house and a nice patch of land, I can now decorate how I want to. After growing up seeing so many shows about Halloween in America I am happy I can finally go all out with the decorations. We live out in the sticks and get some trick or treaters but not too many, I mainly decorate for myself and our son - even though he is 4 1/2 he isn't scared of all the creepy things and knows it isn't real so he is really starting to love it!

Costumes are always a pain. I never seem to be able to plan in advance and then everything I want to get doesn't fit right as I am short lol These days unless you're a stick figure and want to look like a skank, it is hard to find a decent costume. I think I am just going to go to a thrift store, get some old scrubs and be like a zombie nurse. I can't see the justification spending $40+ for a really nice looking costume that I am more than likely only going to wear once, especially if I am going to cover it in fake blood etc

HarvestmoonGal - I just wanted to say I LOVE your name. I am obsessed with that series, but I only play the ones for consoles, not the Nintendo 3DS ones.

As for Halloween, we have had 1 trick-or-treater at our house in 23 years. My aunt lived in a development and I would dress up and go there. My other aunt now hosts a big Halloween party and there is a pumpkin hunt in the woods. She hangs ghosts and bats in the trees and you have to go through there with just a flashlight.

That sounds like fun!! I am hoping to take our little one to the corn maze when it opens and then go pick out some pumpkins at the pumpkin patch also!

We live on a dead end road and do no t get trick or treaters either, sigh. I mis all the fun I had. But now I decorate my daughters place for Halloween with my granddaughter.

Hubby got me this inflatable today!!

Will upload some more pics tomorrow as for some reason my phone will only let me upload 2 pics

Back
Top Bottom