Halloween 2013

0.jpg
0.jpg
0.jpg
0.jpg

Trying out the black light in the lounge room earlier.

Ordered a big rope type spider web that hangs from the gutter of the house and ties down across the yard yesterday, should be here by thursday *fingers crossed* then I can figure out where to put it, set up a black light to make it stand out and put my huge spider I got today in it!!

Picked up a little pet today at Spirit Halloween to put outside in one of my animal traps - Video is set to public so there should be no problem viewing it.

Been so busy with hubby being home and going out almost every day that I haven't had a chance to put my cemetery fence up yet
hit.gif
We had to take all the decorations down tonight as there was some pretty strong wind - didn't want my tombstones and our big inflatable creepy tree blowing away
sad.png
Weather is meant to be crappy for the rest of the coming week, so who knows when everything will be put up again
hu.gif
Hopefully once all the rain and wind clears I can run out and start putting everything up again
gig.gif

So I was going to start putting up the cemetery fence but then I remembered hubby bought me a wood burning tool lol so now I am sitting in the garage burning words and designs onto the cemetery fence.

Have 2 bits of wood done so far, just looking online for some cool designs that I can trace onto the wood and then start burning them onto it!

I have made a little staging area out in the garage lol, there are some bugs I have hot glued onto the hands, feet, skulls and I have also dripped some red wax onto a few of the skulls.

2 of many of the bits of wood I want to get done.

Last edited:
This is officially my new favorite thread
1f60a.png

I won't be decorating this year so I'll live vicariously thru you all. Whose decorations are amazing by the way. I LOVE the bats, I can't wait to make some when we're in our new house (why I don't get to decorate this year- which I love, so it stinks).

We always carve pumpkins, which we will probably do later this week or over the weekend. I'll try to remember to post pictures of them.
My daughter (6) has decided to go trick or treating as Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz. She's got her dress and a little basket to carry her Toto around in. My son is still undecided, he always waits until the last minute, lol.

Last edited:
Okay, I wasn't going to confess, but I guess I have to. I'm not really decorating this year because when you have as much stuff as I have, it literally takes an entire month to set up and I haven't the time for it. I have a storage shed, a barn loft, a second section in the barn, part of the garage, and part of an attic full of Halloween decor. It's enough to do an entire walk-thru haunted house around 2 3/4 acres, and two home interiors. I literally have to avoid Halloween decor shops and the holiday section in most stores. Even tho I am not decorating this year, I am working on more props for the year(s) I will decorate. As if I need more....
hide.gif

Okay, I wasn't going to confess, but I guess I have to.  I'm not really decorating this year because when you have as much stuff as I have, it literally takes an entire month to set up and I haven't the time for it.  I have a storage shed, a barn loft, a second section in the barn, part of the garage, and part of an attic full of Halloween decor.  It's enough to do an entire walk-thru haunted house around 2 3/4 acres, and two home interiors.  I literally have to avoid Halloween decor shops and the holiday section in most stores.  Even tho I am not decorating this year, I am working on more props for the year(s) I will decorate.  As if I need more.... :oops:

I am incredibly jealous lol. Do you have any photos you could share?

This is officially my new favorite thread
1f60a.png

I won't be decorating this year so I'll live vicariously thru you all. Whose decorations are amazing by the way. I LOVE the bats, I can't wait to make some when we're in our new house (why I don't get to decorate this year- which I love, so it stinks).

We always carve pumpkins, which we will probably do later this week or over the weekend. I'll try to remember to post pictures of them.
My daughter (6) has decided to go trick or treating as Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz. She's got her dress and a little basket to carry her Toto around in. My son is still undecided, he always waits until the last minute, lol.

I usually wait till a few days before Halloween to do my pumpkins, that way the detail stays nice on them :D

Sorry you can't decorate this year but next year you can decorate bigger & better!!!

Well i finally got my "odd" fence up, it wasn't meant to look perfect just kind of old and miss matched. A few more tweaks to do on a few things like move the massive spider web over to the other side of the house where it is dark so the black light will actually light it all up.

Sorry some of the pics are a lil fuzzy, wasn't using a tripod while on the no flash setting of my cannon - will try to get some clearer pics this weekend!

Back
Top Bottom