HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts, Mike, Sally & BantyChooks

so pretty!!

Nice!!

What are you putting on top of the puppy pads?
so far my thought is shavings, but i havent given it much thought, they are still on papertowels

Rooster has a single copy of dominant white, with what appears to be at least one gene for red base color. The hen looks like she may be splash, she's got grey in her tail, not black. So even though they look similar, they are not genetically the same.
i was thinking calico splash for both? if the hen is young her color may not be there completely?

Rooster has a single copy of dominant white, with what appears to be at least one gene for red base color. The hen looks like she may be splash, she's got grey in her tail, not black. So even though they look similar, they are not genetically the same.
Thanks, that it very helpful

Quote:
The age of both is unknown. The hen has no red showing at all. She is a very faint gray (not white) with a subtle blue splash. I will try to get a better picture of the hen. My phone battery was dying so I had to give up after the first shot and plug it in.

so pretty!!

so far my thought is shavings, but i havent given it much thought, they are still on papertowels 

i was thinking calico splash for both? if the hen is young her color may not be there completely? 

I tried sand the first (and only) time I raised ducks, I loved how easy it made cleanup..... just an idea.

so pretty!!

Calico is just another name for Mille Fleur. Those are not even close. The rooster's red is 'leakage', like what is commonly seen in red sexlinks or leaky Blue Ameraucana.

Quote: Oh, neat! Sorta something like guineas then...sex determined by voice calls.
That's a nice cage!!

Quote: I honestly don't know. DH insisted we get this bantam pair about a month or so ago. So, i put a few of their first eggs into the incubator to see if their color breeds true. We've been lied to before when it comes to bantams. But, this pair seem to be good. The hen lays very small white eggs.

Edited to add picture.
Ooooh...very lovely!
love.gif

I didn't want white but because mine's all colored getting a white one is very cool now.

Quote: Um, wow!
bow.gif

I hope that if/when I post about the assortment I'm getting from my flock that you can weigh in...lol.

I'm so upset. I don't get upset much.
The repair guy who's here to fix a couple of tractors backed over my brand new trap.
Hadn't even caught anything in it yet.
somad.gif

Back
Top Bottom