HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts, Mike, Sally & BantyChooks

I am incubating four chicks now that should hatch in Oct. And I have a warhorse rooster and hen. A Leghorn hen. A blue bantan rooster and two silver laced polish chicks. Phew... I love them all. They all have names except of course the chick and eggs cause I don't know the sex yet.
You'll have to post pics of your flock for us to admire
Let us know if you have any incubation/hatching questions, there are a ton of helpful knowledgeable people on here

My first time here and first time using an incubator. Also first time hatching chicks and first time backyard chickening. I have to say it's amazing therapy and I'm so in love with it. I love my chickens and their so spoiled.
Welcome!
frow.gif

My first time here and first time using an incubator. Also first time hatching chicks and first time backyard chickening. I have to say it's amazing therapy and I'm so in love with it. I love my chickens and their so spoiled.
frow.gif
I just popped over to your new member intro and placed a welcome there.

I am so, so jealous - I follow the hatchings for fun and a peek at the experience.

Wishing you great success with your hatching
fl.gif

Just wondering- do the eggs have to hatch in October or can they be incubating during October?

I'm trying to decide wether to buy some Indian Runner/ Miniture Silver Appleyards/ Buff Orpington duck hatching eggs or wait a week or two for my Welsh Harlequins (currently 19 weeks old) to start laying.

Just wondering- do the eggs have to hatch in October or can they be incubating during October?

I'm trying to decide wether to buy some Indian Runner/ Miniture Silver Appleyards/ Buff Orpington duck hatching eggs or wait a week or two for my Welsh Harlequins (currently 19 weeks old) to start laying.
In an incubator or under a broody anytime in October!!

WELCOME!!!

So @Sally Sunshine ...

About those Ancona eggs....
wink.png
I want Anconas too! Love my Welsh Harlequins, but all the normal people I purchase from seem to be molting at the same time...
@firedragon1982 pm me, you cover shipping you can have them.

Quote: I am thinking about keeping a pair, not sure yet!

Welcome to BYC and the HAL!!!! It sure is a cool hobby!!

Welcome over!!!

Quote:
x2

Back
Top Bottom