HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts, Mike, Sally & BantyChooks

fl.gif
obviously you are not feeling well, lunch just didnt settle well

That works. I'm finishing up as fast as I can, then bailing out. Some days it's good to be the boss.
tongue.png

There are other eggs with her every day, i have seen hens climb into the box with her, but i have never seen her remove herself from her eggs for them to lay. She sits tight all day . Maybe I will try to barricade the nest box off this weekend
Best to thing would be to make sure other hens can't disturb hatching eggs then. You don't want a hen to accidently step on a pipped egg or something.

I noticed an egg outside of the seramas broody box. I picked it up and it has pipped! not sure why it was outside? i slipped it back under the hen and noticed a pip on another egg. Its day 19 for them. not sure how long the egg was outside maybe a few hours, does it still have a chance?

I noticed an egg outside of the seramas broody box. I picked it up and it has pipped! not sure why it was outside? i slipped it back under the hen and noticed a pip on another egg. Its day 19 for them. not sure how long the egg was outside maybe a few hours, does it still have a chance?
Absolutely. If it doesn't hatch when the others do, you might check to see if the chick is stuck in case it got too dry. Did you see that it was alive when you found it?

Absolutely. If it doesn't hatch when the others do, you might check to see if the chick is stuck in case it got too dry. Did you see that it was alive when you found it?
I didn't think to check I just wanted to get it back under the hen as quickly as possible. Should I go back and check or leave it for now?

Back
Top Bottom