HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts, Mike, Sally & BantyChooks

thumbsup.gif
Congratulations to the Winners !!!!

HALLOWEEN Adult/Kids

COSTUME Contest CLICK HERE

winners.jpg

1st Place Prize & WINNER!!

$50.00 Gift Certificate to TractorSupplyCo.

Donated by @Jessimom

@room onthebroom

My DD1

2nd Place Prize & WINNER

The fresh Egg Cookbook Donated by, @sunflour

@RodNTN

eca6cfdd_1029161722a.jpeg

Entry #4 (last entry!) The Three Blind mice
smile.png
How do you like it?

3rd Place Prize & Winner!!

A chicken egg separator -

hand made glazed pottery Donated by, @sunflour

@Auroradream26

4th Place Prize & Winner!

2017 BYC Calendar!

@RodNTN

"Cousin it" from the Addams Family.

Congratulations to all the winners!!! Totally awesome!!
People have such fantastic ideas/talents!!!
woot.gif

I hadn't been over to the face painting for a while...some amazing work on those faces! And the decorating...
And, well...everything!!!
thumbsup.gif
I love Halloween.
love.gif

Hope everyone had a good Halloween. My cross beak chick officially was hatched yesterday..., named it Eegor due to holiday, and it's deformities...turned out to have only 1 eye as well... then learned it yolk was still absorbing even though all the blood vessels had shrank...then seen its belly didnt seal all the way. I really have no idea how this little soul made it this far, but since I'm not in anyway able to repair any of that, I helped him pass on to the other side. I'm guessing the very odd shaped/multi air cell from shipping is a factor on the deformities...

Congratulations on any of the hatches happening or that have happened over last few days :)

I forgot to mention, lost the first hatched baby quail.
sad.png
Was going to bandage the feet and he had a little, dry poop on his butt.
Wiped it carefully with a wet paper towel and what I thought was the umbilical plug maybe wasn't?
Anyway he herniated and I managed to replace things but it was too much for him. He was dead this morning.

I did bandage the other one's foot...but the bandage makes it too heavy for him. He also somehow managed to get stuck to his foot.
It appears best to wait for the moment as far as the bandaging goes, just so he can move and eat by himself.
hu.gif

At least that's what I'm going to try. I may try him in the brooder when I get back later. He seems to be eating and drinking.
yesss.gif

contest_winners_ac_4_4.jpg

FOWL Celeb look alike Contest CLICK HERE

1st Place Prize

$50.00 Gift Certificate to BYC Store!​

WINNER​

@BantyChooks​

2nd Place Prize

$25.00 Gift Certificate to BYC Store!​

WINNER​

@meltel

3rd Place Prize

2017 BYC Calendar!​

WINNER​

@UrbanFarmOC

Amy Winehouse

Thank you BYC for the prize donations! @sumi

Last edited:
Hope everyone had a good Halloween. My cross beak chick officially was hatched yesterday..., named it Eegor due to holiday, and it's deformities...turned out to have only 1 eye as well... then learned it yolk was still absorbing even though all the blood vessels had shrank...then seen its belly didnt seal all the way. I really have no idea how this little soul made it this far, but since I'm not in anyway able to repair any of that, I helped him pass on to the other side. I'm guessing the very odd shaped/multi air cell from shipping is a factor on the deformities...

Congratulations on any of the hatches happening or that have happened over last few days
smile.png
I'm sorry to hear about your chick.
hugs.gif
I was really hoping the beak/deformities were going to be milder.
I would have done the same thing. That part sucks about chicks/chickens but like you...I never want anything to suffer.

I'm wondering if my "no-turning" and possibly the travel had anything to do with my quail's legs being clenched as opposed to flat like they're supposed to be. I haven't had the issue with the chicks I haven't turned (at least so far anyway) Could be to do with stress/nutrition of the parents. Possibly yours too? I don't have many issues with my own eggs, but haven't had the greatest luck with purchased eggs...even when I brought them home myself. I want to take my eggs for a long ride next year to see if it DOES affect the same. That way it's comparing apples to apples. I wasn't prepared quick enough or I would've already done it this year on a 4 hour trip. Food for thought, I'm still learning A LOT...lol.
hu.gif

Congratulations on any of the hatches happening or that have happened over last few days
smile.png
Sorry about the chick!

I forgot to mention, lost the first hatched baby quail.
sad.png
Was going to bandage the feet and he had a little, dry poop on his butt.
Wiped it carefully with a wet paper towel and what I thought was the umbilical plug maybe wasn't?
Anyway he herniated and I managed to replace things but it was too much for him. He was dead this morning.

I did bandage the other one's foot...but the bandage makes it too heavy for him. He also somehow managed to get stuck to his foot.
It appears best to wait for the moment as far as the bandaging goes, just so he can move and eat by himself.
hu.gif

At least that's what I'm going to try. I may try him in the brooder when I get back later. He seems to be eating and drinking.
yesss.gif
Sorry about the little quail.

Back
Top Bottom