Halloween ~ Hatch Day!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by CK Chickadilly, Oct 11, 2008.

1. vicki2x2

vicki2x2 Super Chick

Feb 9, 2008
    Central Michigan
    Michelle,

We had that once with a wild duckling someone found. No matter what I put him in, he would get out and come running!! Scared the bejeebers out of me a couple of times!!

2. FisherMOM

FisherMOM Songster

May 7, 2008
    Bergen, NY
    awww.. they want their Mommy!!! Be glad you don't have a cat!

3. CK Chickadilly

CK Chickadilly Songster

Sep 11, 2008
    West Michigan
    Well Shelley, I think you better think of a name for the little one! [​IMG] I hear ya about not having the heart to cull it. It is a tough situation. Most people wouldn't have it but I think of it as a challenge. You could always advertise it as a handicapped little chick & someone might want to take on the responsibility?? Just a thought. Keep us posted!

Mine are doing great. I moved the older ones out to the pole barn & have 3 -4 lights on them. The weather here is very cold & windy. Lights are keeping them warm & they are playing & growing. The other 4 are in the brooder in my bath tub yet. I think by the end of the week I will move them out with the others.

4. vicki2x2

vicki2x2 Super Chick

Feb 9, 2008
    Central Michigan
    I would keep it to Shelley. I think it will adapt fine and I could never cull it unless it was suffering. I have a handicapped child and she is probably the biggest joy in my life (shhhh, don't tell my other kids!).

5. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Well, after all this drama, the little chick has died. We went to the store, and it was just laying in there when we got back. The other chick had escaped again!! It is now in the box with the rest of the chicks, outside with a top on it, so it can't escape anymore!!

6. CK Chickadilly

CK Chickadilly Songster

Sep 11, 2008
    West Michigan
    Quote:Awwww, that is to bad! [​IMG] Must of had more wrong with it than we thought.

7. FisherMOM

FisherMOM Songster

May 7, 2008
    Bergen, NY
    Quote:sorry about your baby. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: